The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:So, we get Radford, and either will face their #2 pitcher Huffman, or Morrow, after pitching a complete game today. I like that a lot better than going against Sydney Backstrom of Longwood, who had our number earlier this year.
Huffman has pitched 17 innings against us this year - 3 runs (2 earned). She's a better pitcher than Morrow. Longwood pitchers are a challenge as well - Backstrom, a freshmen and Gay, sophomore will be a nemesis for a few years to come.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Gay is a JR this year (thank goodness).

Some of Huffman's numbers are better, but clearly, the Radford coach considers Morrow her #1, and she certainly did a job on Longwood today.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
flameshaw wrote:Amazing that the BSC chooses to hold conference tournaments at these horrible venues, when we have one of the best facilities in the region, for most sports.
After we land in another conference, they should rent out our facilities for their Championship tournaments. It would be a lot better than any other BSC facilities. They can also say that they will now hold these at a neutral site.
Every sport handles it differently, but in softball they rotate, with every team getting to host every 8 years I guess. It's "fair", but silly.
LU has never hosted the tournament, nor has Presby or GW. GW did renovations, however, they cannot host now due to the turf infield (NCAA rule). Presby does not have the seating or facilities. The tournament has rotated between Winthrop, Radford, Campbell and Longwood. LU did not have the facilities to host prior to the new stadium. The sites are chosen years in advance and LU was not in the rotation. Graduation is also an issue when they occur during the same weekend.

You are being a little harsh on Radford's facilities. It's as nice, or nicer, than most of the mid D1 facilities. LU has one of the nicest in the country.. that is not the standard to benchmark other schools.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Radford does not have facilities worthy of hosting, neither does Longwood or Winthrop, site of 2 previous tournaments.

Truth be known Liberty is only BSC school with facilities worthy of hosting. I not want to sound like a homer, but facts are facts.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Campbell eliminates G Webb 12-4. Campbell now plays Longwood tomorrow. Megan Richards who pitched a 10 inning no hitter against Longwood earlier in season, should get call for Camels.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, did you know there are TWO colleges in Farmville? Study
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Yes, one I like, one I despise. Neither should be D1, in my opinion.

I recall a motto Hampton Sydney had a few years ago:

" Hampton Sydney, where men are men and women are guests"

I recall when Longwood was all girl's school. Still probably is, if you know what I mean.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]