The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
How many total tourney spots, and how many auto’s vs. at-large’s? I’m just not convinced we’re a lock for an at-large if we end up losing in tourney.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw those numbers last week, but cannot recall them now. I will research them when I get time. We are not a lock if we not win tournament. Selection Committees are strange. But our RPI should be high enough, but they will probably go to page 7 of selection criteria, and pick a big 10 team.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty swept BSC Player of Week honors, last week, winning all 3 for first time ever. Robertson was Player of Week, Cassidy Pitcher of Week and Via Freshman of Week.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Liberty swept BSC Player of Week honors, last week, winning all 3 for first time ever. Robertson was Player of Week, Cassidy Pitcher of Week and Via Freshman of Week.
That's impressive, especially considering none of them are named Bishop or DiMartino. Congratulations ladies!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference JK37's question above:

There are 32 Automatic Bids for conference champions. At large bids will probably go to 12 SEC teams and 6 PAC 12 teams, along with 2 Big 12 teams. That leaves 8 at large berths for rest of the nation. Committee will probably "give" berths to at least 2 Big 10 teams and 1 to Notre Dame. If there is an upset in a mid major conference tournament , that makes at large bids harder to get. Our RPI is good enough to get in, but they will probably pick P5 teams over Liberty.

We need to win BSC tournament and take our fate away from the committee. and hope for a #3 seed in a regional. If we make tournament, I see us going to Tennessee Regional
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, this is awesome. So you really think 12 from SEC?! Wow!

Would you be able to go as far as predicting which individual teams are locks, on the bubble, etc. from each conference? Kind of like ESPN’s Joe Lunardi does for men’s basketball in March each year?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
There are 13 SEC teams (Vandy doesn’t field one.) I don’t think Missouri Gets in. Ole Miss is on the bubble.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:There are 13 SEC teams (Vandy doesn’t field one.) I don’t think Missouri Gets in. Ole Miss is on the bubble.

Missouri's RPI is 23, so if that were the only criteria, they would be in. However, they are 28-27. A quick exit from the SEC tournament and they could be a sub-500 team. I think at some point you need to look beyond RPI at some other factors. Ole Miss is at 34 in the RPI with a considerably better record of 30-22. I agree they would be more worthy. You can bet however that regardless of what their final record is, if MO has an RPI better than 30, they will whine like Seth Greenburg if they don't get in.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Selection Committees can be puzzling. I saw names of last year's committee for softball. None were qualified to be on committee in my opinion.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Whys that Ballcoach? I can’t find anything online about whose on the softball search committee.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Whys that Ballcoach? I can’t find anything online about whose on the softball search committee.
ballcoach15 wrote:I can't recall where I saw list of members.
‘Sources’ 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Virginia Tech beats Duke in ACC tournament. We need VT and UNC to win some games in tournament to help our RPI, plus teams that we beat to win their conference tournament. Marshall, GW, Ohio, among others.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Ballcoach and TF are the only ones who should be on ANY selection committee obviously.
FIFY
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Virginia Tech lost a tough one yesterday to Pitt. VT led 4-1 going into B7, ended up losing 6-4 on a walk off grand slam.

UNC beat Georgia Tech. that should help our RPI
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read that if UNC makes it to ACC championship game, they will get an at large bid to NCAAa tournament. Thus I think every game they win helps us, since we swept the Tar Heels.

Granted what I read was just a softball reporter writing his column, so it's not a sure thing.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I read that if UNC makes it to ACC championship game, they will get an at large bid to NCAAa tournament. Thus I think every game they win helps us, since we swept the Tar Heels.

Granted what I read was just a softball reporter writing his column, so it's not a sure thing.
‘Sources’ :lol:
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]