The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Campbell vs G Webb, winner plays Liberty

Radford vs Winthrop, winner plays Longwood

Good to see Winthrop make tournament in their Coaches final season before retirement. He is a class act.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Good matchups for us IMHO. G-W and Campbell have power hitters, but we have shown we can handle them with our pitching, and their pitching is suspect. Radford and Winthrop both have pitchers who could give us all we can handle on a given day.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Does that mean that Liberty won't be playing until Friday?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, ballcoach. :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
D1 Softball most wins regular season 2018

Florida. 47
UCLA. 47
Oklahoma. 47
Liberty. 44
Tennessee. 44
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
That’s nice and all, but let’s be honest: our conference schedule doesn’t come close to the Pac12, SEC or Big12.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:D1 Softball most wins regular season 2018

Florida. 47
UCLA. 47
Oklahoma. 47
Liberty. 44
Tennessee. 44
I'm not doubting you, ballcoach, but can you send me a link to those stats? I'd like to see the top 10 or top 20 win totals.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
My original post had incorrect information as to how many wins each team had. NCAA site I went to was incorrect early this morning.
Update as follows:

UCLA 48
OK 47
Florida 47
LU 44
TN 44
Washington 44
Oregon 44

Go to NCAA D1 softball, click on Rankings, then scroll down to RPI, all D1 teams are listed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My original post had incorrect information as to how many wins each team had. NCAA site I went to was incorrect early this morning.
Update as follows:

UCLA 48
OK 47
Florida 47
LU 44
TN 44
Washington 44
Oregon 44

Go to NCAA D1 softball, click on Rankings, then scroll down to RPI, all D1 teams are listed.
More ‘Trusted Sources’ :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm amazed that LU is within 2 spots of SEC power Ole Miss, my alma mater. Study
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Agreed about Hofstra’s league, but they are good. One of the few traditionally strong programs out of the northeast. Basically if you’re good and from New England, but not recruited South, you go to Hofstra. And they made up for their league with some decent out-of-conference scheduling.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As I watch some of Campbell vs G Webb game on the BSC network, I am reminded of how crummy Radford's softball stadium is. Looks more like a high school field than a D1 field. I know BSC rotates the tournament, but they should set some standards before a school can host.
The camera appears to be stationed somewhere in right center field. Really bad angle as a result.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
G Webb scores 7 runs in top of 7th inning to beat Campbell 11-5. Campbell was 3 outs away from a 5-4 win, but Webb scored 6 runs before making an out.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Radford beat Winthrop 3-2, scoring 2 in bottom of 7th. Radford plays the school from FarmVille in game 2 tomorrow.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU down 2-0 in a rain delay. :rainy
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
The weather map shows no rain but the field could be unplayable if it rained that long. I'm not there to testify about the field conditions.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]