The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are up tp #33 this week. If we can sweep UVA and Winthrop I think we move to in the 20s. That will give us 44 wins.

Team stat rankings

Batting Average: 38
ERA: 37
Fielding %: 14
Doubles: 12
Triples: 13
Stolen Bases: 30
Winning %: 18
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, for what it's worth, you personally have done a super job shining a spotlight on softball and certainly to the board here. It seems you have quite the following :D Go Flames!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU is 13th in nation in number of wins, and 7th in RPI among Non P5 conference schools.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Ballcoach, for what it's worth, you personally have done a super job shining a spotlight on softball and certainly to the board here. It seems you have quite the following :D Go Flames!
I can't believe more people do not "follow softball". Other than football it's the most exciting sport there is. It should be "standing room only" at every home game. (weather permitting). I am very disappointed in our attendance this season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Ballcoach, for what it's worth, you personally have done a super job shining a spotlight on softball and certainly to the board here. It seems you have quite the following :D Go Flames!
That is true. He is the Softball whisperer
By Dalegarz1
Just to reinforce what BC says about softball-I brought my two sons (LU grads) to the doubleheader against CSU. They both were football/basketball/baseball guys in high school. They were blown away by the speed of the game, the athleticism and, most of all, the strategy involved. They've not stopped talking about it since our return to NJ and look forward to going down next year to watch more. I've coached softball for 15 years and now they finally "get" my excitement over the game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reminds me of back in 1997, I went to Virginia Tech to watch a baseball game. I got confused on start time, and had to kill an hour. VT was playing Temple in softball that day, thus I went to watch game to kill the hour. Long story, short, I ended up watching both games of softball doubleheader, and never went to baseball. That was my first college softball game.

Basketball has too many TV timeouts and stoppage of play for nit picky fouls.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reminds me of back in 1997, I went to Virginia Tech to watch a baseball game. I got confused on start time, and had to kill an hour. VT was playing Temple in softball that day, thus I went to watch game to kill the hour. Long story, short, I ended up watching both games of softball doubleheader, and never went to baseball. That was my first college softball game.

I have no problem whatsoever with your enthusiasm for softball, but to suggest it does not have plenty of it's own stoppages of play.......? 13 times in every game that goes the full 7 innings, everything stops while the teams switch places in the field and then you wait while the pitcher throws warmup pitches. That's not even counting the conferences on the mound, batters stepping out of the box to check on the signs, etc., etc., etc.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reminds me of back in 1997, I went to Virginia Tech to watch a baseball game. I got confused on start time, and had to kill an hour. VT was playing Temple in softball that day, thus I went to watch game to kill the hour. Long story, short, I ended up watching both games of softball doubleheader, and never went to baseball. That was my first college softball game.

Nit picky fouls you would want called if they occurred against LU
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I not like them, no matter who they called against.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Another solid day. 50 wins is not out of the question. Sweep winthrop and win 3 or 4 in the tourney plus a couple regional wins.... whats that 50. Wow. Crazy to think about.

Can zavodny not dh? Seemed like she got out of the box halfway decent on the pinch hit.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Being in a position where we are pretty much a lock for an at large bid should take some of the pressure off of the ladies in the BSC tournament. The only thing I have against Longwood or their softball team is that they have kept us from being conference champions. Hoping this is the year that changes.

We really need to stay on focus against Winthrop. They have had a disappointing season, but they proved against Longwood that they can be dangerous.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Is an at-large bid a lock? What if LU loses one to Winthrop? What about any non-Longwood loss in tourney?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In a perfect world we would be as lock, but we are lacking a signature like win. But we have shot at a at large bid. Unless they get extra Big 10 team a berth.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Big 10 needs extra berth. Best softball conference in the nation. Not even close.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When I think of softball, I don't even think of Big 10. SEC is by far the best, followed to a far lesser extent by PAC 10 and Big 12. Though those 2 conferences have only 2 or 3 good teams. Big 10 should be a one bid conference.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What is your reasoning? Because you don't like the Big 10 or because there is some concrete rational?

Seems to me the Big 10 is arguably the top softball conference. Please explain why I am wrong for thinking that.

I'm sure I'll be waiting a long time for a logical response.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, I was joking. Big 10 can’t hold SEC’s or PAC 12’s jock this year. Only one Top 10 team. Meanwhile, Pac12 has 5 of top 10 teams, including top 2. I think PAC 12 may have slight edge over SEC this season. You can’t say PAC 12 only has “2 or 3 good teams” when they have five in the Top 10!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I started it with the Big 10 comment.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
On May 4, there are 2 sports that should be talked about, softball and baseball. Football doesn't start until August practice.

In Liberty's case, on May 4, softball should be 75% of all talk, with baseball at 20%, and all other sports 5%.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
How can this be with all the football construction going on?????
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:How can this be with all the football construction going on?????
Why is no one talking field hockey?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]