The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU has added a home game with UNC to the schedule. It will be played April 25.

I will miss that one. Be on way to Alabama.

I guess N&A will be there to cover another former Brookville player, in that one plays for Tar Heels.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I suspect the more sever spring weather than normal will result in more pop-up game in both softball & baseball. It always is good to get another ACC date nearby on the docket.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This game will help our RPI, if we win. I believe UNC is 61 this week. We need wins vs Top 100 in RPI. Currently we are 10-9 vs top 100 teams. But our best win is against #42, Kennesaw State. If we win out in regular season we might be in running for at large berth, if we slip up in conference tournament. I think we would have 44 wins, if we win out in regular season. Be good to get a #3 seed in regional.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Ladies run-rule the Tarheels in 5, 8-0. Julia with a 5 inning 3 hit shutout and continues her scoreless streak. Autumn with a solo shot and Taylor was 2-3 with a double. Hope she's coming out of her slump. Great win.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good win. I heard UNC wanted this game to help their RPI. Probably our most complete effort of season.
By Dalegarz1
Excellent win! Carolina helped with some shoddy fielding but it seems we're peaking at the right time. Taylor swung the bat well for the second gamer in a row and with TZ out we need her bat. Julia just needs to continue to be Julia. Excellent control and works ahead consistently. I'll be interested to see how DR uses her pitching staff against Hampton.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Good win. I heard UNC wanted this game to help their RPI. Probably our most complete effort of season.
They went with their #1 starter Pickett, who had won 25 games. Not tonight though!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
UNC committed THREE errors tonight, and the Brookville star for UNC went 0-2, I think, with at least one error, even though her whole high school team and coach were there to watch her.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is awesome to see the program reach the point where this is not a complete shock.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe Cassidy and Engler will start vs Hampton, with DiMartino ready in bullpen.
With no BSC series this weekend, I don't think Dot will hesitate to go to Julia out of the pen, but I feel pretty sure she will want to get Liz and Chase a full games work each if possible. Can't afford to lose one here though. That would be a big hit on the RPI, and we are in legit contention for an at large at this point in the event we were to come up short in the conference tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
None of the local players who left Lynchburg area to go play for other schools fared well in their appearance at LU softball stadium. Actually all performed badly.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:None of the local players who left Lynchburg area to go play for other schools fared well in their appearance at LU softball stadium. Actually all performed badly.
So it sounds like it was a wise choice by the Staff to pass on them. Hmmmm. Maybe they actually know more than you ....
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Let's see... ballcoach you are always lamenting when the best local players don't go to Liberty. Dail (VT)and Dray from Brookville (UNC) are the two you are referring to. You seem to be happy they performed poorly in their appearances here. I'm guessing that you see their poor showings here as payback for not coming to LU. Is that right? Kind of evil of you don't you think?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
You missed pitcher from Rustburg at a BSC school.

All I said was they performed poorly.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:You missed pitcher from Rustburg at a BSC school.

All I said was they performed poorly.
Why bring it up if not to gloat a little? Not cool.
Remember, all three are freshmen. We would probably have been happy to get either of the two I mentioned. Not familiar with the girl from Rustburg so much. First time back in town playing, I imagine nerves were very high for the occasion. I have a feeling they will be back in the next few seasons with different results.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This year's FR Madison Via, is the first VA player Dot has signed. The pitcher from Amherst will be the second next year. Not a squeak from ballcoach on Dot failing to land local talent. Just glee when they come up short after signing elsewhere.

Basketball on the other hand, has almost half the team with VA ties or roots and we listened ad nauseum to how we should have signed Andrew Rowsey, who had ZERO interest in attending Liberty, and would have been an awful fit if he had.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Ball coach knows softball.

(More than any other sport)
That not high bar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:But probably higher bar than girls basketball.
That makes absolutely no sense. But good effort. Here’s your Participation Trophy.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:But probably higher bar than girls basketball.
Ballcoach, step away from that Bama moonshine. :nono
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]