The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Our RPI only dropped 2 spots as a result of losing 2 games last week. We are now 40th. We moved into the top 50 in ERA, at #50. Autumn Bishop is 2nd in the nation in doubles. We are 14th in Fielding %, if my memory is correct.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I should be there by 6:15 or so.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins 6-3. Autumn Bishop had grand slam in 5th inning to wipe out 3-1 VT lead. Alexis Erich drove in insurance run withSac Fly. Big win.

I can't believe this game had no posts while in progress. I guess everyone was busy on football board with offensive linemen offers to 2 star players.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on April 17th, 2018, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I agree with that. The girl from Brookville came in to pitch to Autumn and her 3rd pitch landed on bank beyond right field.
Local players not having much success vs LU. Girl from Rustburg got knocked out of circle twice. Against UNC, a former Brookville player threw a ball away allowing wining run to score.

I love it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I agree with that. The girl from Brookville came in to pitch to Autumn and her 3rd pitch landed on bank beyond right field.
Local players not having much success vs LU. Girl from Rustburg got knocked out of circle twice. Against UNC, a former Brookville player threw a ball away allowing wining run to score.

I love it.
So these WOULUDNT fall under the category of Local Players That Got Away
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There were signs of us breaking out of slump tonight. CSU comes to town this weekend. I don't think they have the pitching as good as that we have seen in past 8 games.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:LU wins 6-3. Autumn Bishop had grand slam in 5th inning to wipe out 3-1 VT lead. Alexis Erich drove in insurance run withSac Fly. Big win.

I can't believe this game had no posts while in progress. I guess everyone was busy on football board with offensive linemen offers to 2 star players.
That high? I guess we are getting better then? 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sports headline in today's paper:
Bishops smite Tech
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liber ... 532d9.html

^Different headline in the online version. Also, with those black glasses, Tech's Jordan Dail looked a little like The Wild Thing from the Major League baseball movie. See the article above for a pic.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It was good to see N&A covering the game. I believe it's the first one this season.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Always nice to get a W over the Hokies, but we were fortunate in that they elected not to pitch Eberle. We had nothing for her last time we played.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It was good to see N&A covering the game. I believe it's the first one this season.
The only reason is the local girl playing for VT. If I recall, Damien explained in a post here why LU softball is a low priority as far as covering games in person is concerned, and it is not likely to change unless/until we start making noise on the national stage.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I figured NA was focused more on Dail than Liberty. If VT had won and Dail had been winning pitcher, her photo would have probably covered entire front page of the paper this morning. It's a shame that NA thinks Dail is "larger in life" than the Liberty Softball team. In my opinion, NA should cover EVERY LU softball game.

LU has a much better team than VT. Heck, if LU played in ACC, Flames would probably finish ahead of VT in standings. I believe we are 8-2 vs ACC the past 2 seasons.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I figured NA was focused more on Dail than Liberty. If VT had won and Dail had been winning pitcher, her photo would have probably covered entire front page of the paper this morning. It's a shame that NA thinks Dail is "larger in life" than the Liberty Softball team. In my opinion, NA should cover EVERY LU softball game.

LU has a much better team than VT. Heck, if LU played in ACC, Flames would probably finish ahead of VT in standings. I believe we are 8-2 vs ACC the past 2 seasons.
Now, if baseball could just beat the Cavs...
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
rogers3 wrote:
When we play UVa, our baseball team seems to play like a D3 team!
Nice facilities but no scholarship athlete's?
We're are an exhibition game for them. VMI is probably taken more seriously, since VMI actually is competitive in losses and wins their fair share.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Pitching, pitching, pitching
Hand was stellar last week against the Hokies (who have been a better team than UVA this year). I think Jackson may have gone a couple of innings too long with him in that game. Hopefully no permanent damage done. :pray

Considering the injuries to our pitching staff, struggling from time to time in mid-week games should be no surprise.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Pitching, pitching, pitching
Hand was stellar last week against the Hokies (who have been a better team than UVA this year). I think Jackson may have gone a couple of innings too long with him in that game. Hopefully no permanent damage done. :pray

Considering the injuries to our pitching staff, struggling from time to time in mid-week games should be no surprise.
Agreed. One benefit to the difficulties with injuries this season has been that a lot of guys are getting opportunities to pitch and a fair number are showing promise at times. If they can improve on the consistency we could have a really good staff in the future.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]