The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Pretty significant shakeup in today's lineup. Amader leading off, with Click batting second and the Bishops in the 3 and 4 spots (where ballcoach says they should be). Madi Clarke, who has 2 ABs all year, is DP. :shock: I'm starting to think Erich either is hurt, or there is an "issue"

Chase on the mound.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ball coach has arrived in Radford. This dump is only .001 better than Longwood.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Ball coach has arrived in Radford. This dump is only .001 better than Longwood.
What do you think of the lineup? See if you can get us some intel on why Erich is not playing.
By Dalegarz1
Scoring opportunity with Bishop on second and 1 out. Next two hitters strike out looking! Swing the bat!!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU leading 3-1 in the 6th inning.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We get the win 3-1 behind the 3 hit pitching of Cassady and DiMartino. All 3 runs came in the 4th inning.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Pitching saved us. Hitting was fair, but we left too many runners on base. I liked batting order change.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
With Amader and Click at the top of the order, Dot had them bunting quite a bit. Without much success, unfortunately.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wow. McFarland gives us the lead on a solo homer and then we load the bases with 1 out. Autumn hits a fly ball which would have scored another run, but apparently Hoffman left too early and was called out on appeal. 1-0 in the bottom of the 5th.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
DiMartino in with out in the 5th and gets the next 2 batters. GREAT job by Chase today!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We win 1-0, as Julia closes it out for her second save of the day. Madi Clarke may have won the DH job today. 2 hits in game 2 and a sac fly in game 1. Happy for her. She's a 5th year Senior who hasn't gotten to play much. Hopefully she can keep it up.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Runner tagged at 3B. Bad umpire. He shafted us all week, including at Virginia Tech Tuesday.
By Dalegarz1
Longwood swept Presbyterian (no surprise). Their next series is with Winthrop while ours is against CSU. I believe we have the same conference record but they hold the tiebreaker. We both have 6 league games remaining. I hope the bats come alive in the next few weeks or we will be on the outside looking in for the NCAA tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think returning home will help the hitting. Last 7 games have been on road.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Runner tagged at 3B. Bad umpire. He shafted us all week, including at Virginia Tech Tuesday.
It’s amazing how many Umpires, Referees and other Officials are out to get LU isn’t it? Study
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Runner tagged at 3B. Bad umpire. He shafted us all week, including at Virginia Tech Tuesday.
It’s amazing how many Umpires, Referees and other Officials are out to get LU isn’t it? Study
I wonder why nobody mentioned Radford girl getting called out at home in the bottom on the 6th with no outs when she was obviously and clearly safe and us up 3-1. The mother of all blown calls :) If the right call was made RU would have had a big inning instead left the bases loaded and didn't score. I guess the home umpire doesn't like RU.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have personally known that umpire for 20 years. He makes at least one bad call a game, that people will talk about for 3 days. Most every close play he has he blows it. But ask anyone at game or those who watched it on TV, I believe all will say the LU runner tagged.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have personally known that umpire for 20 years. He makes at least one bad call a game, that people will talk about for 3 days. Most every close play he has he blows it. But ask anyone at game or those who watched it on TV, I believe all will say the LU runner tagged.

If she tagged, but left too early, she is still out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I have personally known that umpire for 20 years. He makes at least one bad call a game, that people will talk about for 3 days. Most every close play he has he blows it. But ask anyone at game or those who watched it on TV, I believe all will say the LU runner tagged.

If she tagged, but left too early, she is still out.
Irrelevant. Umpire hate LU
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Those who think umpires are not shafting LU, I suggest they attend the games or watch on TV. Then judge for yourself
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Those who think umpires are not shafting LU, I suggest they attend the games or watch on TV. Then judge for yourself
Oh no, I certainly believe you. I remember attending Annual Rules Meetings in Greensboro and Atlanta. Each session there was a 1 Hour segment entitled ‘How To Shaft Liberty’. I imagine if they did this for basketball they do it for every other Sport...... Study
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
One thing to remember, these BSC umpires are on bottom of umpire's roster. The good ones are in P5 conferences. The ones getting assignments in Radford never get assignment in Knoxville, Auburn, Athens, Gainesville, etc.

I crashed an umpire clinic at UVA, once. All they covered for 3 days was posture and positioning, and signals. Nothin about strike zones or safe/out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I remember attending Annual Rules Meetings in Greensboro and Atlanta. Each session there was a 1 Hour segment entitled ‘How To Shaft Liberty’. I imagine if they did this for basketball they do it for every other Sport
Ballcoach, don't fall for it. :nono Purple is pulling your leg. :liar And his pants are on :flamingdevil
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I remember attending Annual Rules Meetings in Greensboro and Atlanta. Each session there was a 1 Hour segment entitled ‘How To Shaft Liberty’. I imagine if they did this for basketball they do it for every other Sport
Ballcoach, don't fall for it. :nono Purple is pulling your leg. :liar And his pants are on :flamingdevil
Moi?
I’m wearing shorts! You might wanna check your ‘Sources’
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]