The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Radford has three hitters whose average is north of 300. As a team they have hit 24 home runs. Top pitcher has an ERA of 2.71. We need to bounce back offensively if we hope to sweep.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Radford pitching is ahead of their hitting. They were swept by team from FarmVille in 3 low scoring games, if my memory is correct. Hopefully we have spent lot of time hitting today and tomorrow.
By Dalegarz1
I'm very concerned going forward. Our lack of offensive production lately is alarming. We really miss TZ. Any word of her returning at all this season?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
What about Emily Sweat? Are they red-shirting her? I would think so at this point.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:I'm very concerned going forward. Our lack of offensive production lately is alarming. We really miss TZ. Any word of her returning at all this season?
It would be amazing if Tori can recover to where she can swing the bat and give us something in the DP spot, but in the meantime, Dot needs to pull the trigger and give someone else a chance in those 2 positions in the lineup where our hitting has been absolutely woeful.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im a bit out of the loop...what injury did TZ sustain?
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
DP,n is hard. Hitting 243 in conference isn’t woeful. 3rd in RBI’s with 3 less starts. The team as a whole isn’t hitting. That falls on the feet of the coaches and their ability to help the hitter make the right adjustments.... or to leave their swings alone and stop trying to change them.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Im a bit out of the loop...what injury did TZ sustain?
It's an ACL, but apparently not a complete tear, so she is putting off surgery and trying to rehab it so she can play before the end of the season.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Eighty wrote:DP,n is hard. Hitting 243 in conference isn’t woeful. 3rd in RBI’s with 3 less starts. The team as a whole isn’t hitting. That falls on the feet of the coaches and their ability to help the hitter make the right adjustments.... or to leave their swings alone and stop trying to change them.
I was looking at the season's average of .205, which is pretty bad, and she is 5th in RBI's not third, even though she bats behind the Bishops. I think Deidre deserves a shot. She has been more effective. .306 BA and only one less HR in a fraction of the ABs.

Let's face it, Click is pretty much an automatic out at this point. 22 strikeouts and 3 walks? You could put a cardboard cutout up there and it would do better than that.

Yes, we need to do a better job of "coaching up" our hitters. Filling out the lineup card is also part of the job.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Deidre See and Alexis Erich should both be inserted into the lineup.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Deidre See and Alexis Erich should both be inserted into the lineup.
I agree with ballcoach.

Did I just say that?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Any thoughts about the new pitcher we signed. Does anyone know much about her other than she pitched at LCA her freshmen year?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Any thoughts about the new pitcher we signed. Does anyone know much about her other than she pitched at LCA her freshmen year?
Ever since We hired Dot as our coach, I've been waiting for her to land that virtually unhitable ace pitcher who could elevate us to the next level. It doesn't look like it has happened yet.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Chippy wrote:Any thoughts about the new pitcher we signed. Does anyone know much about her other than she pitched at LCA her freshmen year?
Ever since We hired Dot as our coach, I've been waiting for her to land that virtually unhitable ace pitcher who could elevate us to the next level. It doesn't look like it has happened yet.
That's what I was thinking. The two or 3 top pitchers in the local area are headed to UNC and JMU and Dail went to VT this year. Hopefully with her height and her arm she can power past BSC hitters but may still be a struggle with ranked/P5 schools. I'm hoping she is at least a replacement for DiMartino who will keep us competitive. I think the two other recruits may get playing time on day 1.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I plan to go see her pitch tomorrow depending on where Amherst plays.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
She pitched last night vs Brookville. 7 IP 0 R, 2 H, 8 K

Amherst plays Hertiage tonight, I doubt if she will pitch, thus I will wait til next week to see her pitch.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
I believe the coach said she was willing to give up some on offense for a better defense... well... I am not sure the defense is any better, but, they sure did give up on their offense.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 3-2 in 9 innings. We are in a hitting slump. Need a sweep tomorrow. We have scored 4 runs in last 24 innings.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Eighty wrote:I believe the coach said she was willing to give up some on offense for a better defense... well... I am not sure the defense is any better, but, they sure did give up on their offense.

The problem is that right now with Zavodny and Sweat out, the only position we can really upgrade offensively is CF. She made the move to See at DP, which I think was needed, and the fact that See went hitless yesterday is irrelevant. So is the fact that Click got a hit and scored a run. Diedre deserves at least a few more games to show what she can do, and Erich deserves a shot in CF (if she is healthy. She was not used at all yesterday :dontgetit ) I also :dontgetit why Dot would pinch hit Taylor, a .206 hitter for Hoffman.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The local paper said we lost yesterday's game on an infield throwing error. :(
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The local paper said we lost yesterday's game on an infield throwing error. :(
Bases loaded nobody out made a play at the plate to force the runner but ball escaped the catcher - error Amber Bishop. Game over.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Actually, I think there were 2 errors in the inning. One of the runners on base got there on an error, by Autumn B I believe. That isn't going to happen often, but Emily also gave up a hit and a walk. It was her second ineffective outing. Julia pitched in and out of trouble, but as usual she was tough as nails out there. I guess Dot decided 142 pitches was enough.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]