The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Believe it or not, our RPI improved despite losing 2 out of 3 to a lower ranked team. We are 38 this week.

The girls in Farmville come in at 53. We have played teams ranked 4th, 9th and 15th in RPI. The Farmville school's highest RPI opponent is 35.
By Dalegarz1
Interesting statistic but.... Try to be totally objective and answer the following question. If you were a betting man (friendly, of course), which team would you pick to win the BSC tournament and earn the auto-bid?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would pick Liberty, because Longwood's luck is due to run out. I hope Longwood loses their first 2 tournament games and heads back down 460 to Farmville.
By Dalegarz1
"Luck"- ballcoach is revealing some personal biblical doctrine!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure if a 2.01 ERA on the year is based on luck.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:I'm not sure if a 2.01 ERA on the year is based on luck.
It’s the Umpires! 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The plate umpire yesterday was one of the best I have seen this year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, you could tell that by sitting in a lawn chair in the grass 50 feet behind the left field fence? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Yes, actually where we were sitting, I had a good view of the plate and the Umpire's strike zone.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Yes, actually where we were sitting, I had a good view of the plate and the Umpire's strike zone.
Like the over the shoulder view on TV?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, I love you man. And I love softball. I umpire it myself, have been for 11 seasons now.

But just one tiny thing: Dale asked for a “totally objective” prediction, and you couldn’t help revealing your hope that Longwood loses its first two games. How is that objective?!

In all honesty, I know you don’t think Longwood belongs in the BSC. We can debate that another time. But aren’t you happy to see another quality softball program in BSC that recruits solid instate talent? If they weren’t any good, it would hurt the league. So is your disdain for them department-wide at Longwood, or do you specifically also dislike heir softball program?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
At VT today I sit behind home plate. Had good over the shoulder view. The umpire did an excellent job today. Probably best I have seen all season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Ballcoach, I love you man. And I love softball. I umpire it myself, have been for 11 seasons now.

But just one tiny thing: Dale asked for a “totally objective” prediction, and you couldn’t help revealing your hope that Longwood loses its first two games. How is that objective?!

In all honesty, I know you don’t think Longwood belongs in the BSC. We can debate that another time. But aren’t you happy to see another quality softball program in BSC that recruits solid instate talent? If they weren’t any good, it would hurt the league. So is your disdain for them department-wide at Longwood, or do you specifically also dislike heir softball program?
I dislike everything about Longwood. Granted softball is probably only sport they are any good at, but they should not be in BSC. I wish they would go 0 for season in every sport. I still cannot figure out how they got invited into conference.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ok, that being said: aren’t they good for SOFTBALL? And especially they’re good for LIBERTY SOFTBALL. , because they make the conference better.

Back at WVU, I hated Pitt and VT. But I understood WVU needed them to be good to help WVU.

Longwood doesn’t belong in NCAA Division I. But neither does Presby, USC-Upstate and Charleston Southern. So maybe Longwood DOES belong in the Big South. See my point?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Ok, that being said: aren’t they good for SOFTBALL? And especially they’re good for LIBERTY SOFTBALL. , because they make the conference better.

Back at WVU, I hated Pitt and VT. But I understood WVU needed them to be good to help WVU.

Longwood doesn’t belong in NCAA Division I. But neither does Presby, USC-Upstate and Charleston Southern. So maybe Longwood DOES belong in the Big South. See my point?
These are thoughts that may be too deep
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Or logical. Or objective. But I’m trying here!!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]