The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If Longwood is smart, they will moved Saturday's games to Friday, and play 3rd game Sunday. The weather forecast for Saturday isn't looking good.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
From everything you have said about Longwood I would imagine they aren't very smart, right?
By Dalegarz1
Big series coming up. We enter 2 games up. If we take 2 out of 3, we'll be up 3 games with 9 to go. A sweep would put us in a great position. This series could set the tone for the BSC tourney.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe this series will decide regular season. Winner will certainly be in driver's seat, with the "tie-breaker" in their packet.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Longwood's pitching (Syndney Gay, Sydney Backstrom and Sydney Mundell) is pretty impressive and will provide a great challenge. Without Zavodny and Sweat we are missing some offense but hopefully have enough to eek out a couple or 3 wins.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Longwood's pitching (Syndney Gay, Sydney Backstrom and Sydney Mundell) is pretty impressive and will provide a great challenge. Without Zavodny and Sweat we are missing some offense but hopefully have enough to eek out a couple or 3 wins.
What are the odds that 3 girls with the same not-all-that-common first name, spelled exactly the same, ended up being the 3 best pitchers for a D1 softball team in Farmville VA?

Their pitching stats are better than ours on the year, but we are on a roll lately, and as impressive as their pitchers have been, their hitters have been only so-so. We shouldn't need a lot of runs to beat them. Their fielding hasn't been that great either, which is surprising. They are usually solid there.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe Liz Engler is the best pitcher in BSC stat wise. She's 6-0 and has best ERA in conference, if my memory is correct.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe Liz Engler is the best pitcher in BSC stat wise. She's 6-0 and has best ERA in conference, if my memory is correct.
Who is best is subjective, but Liz does have the best ERA and Julia is also leading in a few categories. Longwood has the best team ERA on the season, and it's not really close, but they have not faced as many elite teams as we have. We have been dominant in pretty much all aspects since BSC play began.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If Longwood is smart, they will moved Saturday's games to Friday, and play 3rd game Sunday. The weather forecast for Saturday isn't looking good.
ballcoach15 wrote:Saturday games have been moved to Friday.
Ballcoach has proven that Longwood is smart. Well done sir.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Ball Coach...knows softball.
:nod :oldhag :nod
By LUDad
Not to be captain obvious, but with current RPI of 42 and only about 8 non-power five teams ahead of them, I would think LU would be close to a lock for an at large bid to ncaa assuming 2 of 3 this weekend and they continue to win at current rate. Especially after post season success last year. BS tournment games have a history of kicking us in the rear.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We win 3-2. LW loaded bases in B7 after 2 outs. Scored 1 run. Thankfully DiMartino got out of jam. Bishops did most of the hitting. Both had HR. Hopefully we can sweep.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Autumn Bishop gives us an insurance run with a homer in the 7th and then Julia pitches out of a jam in the bottom of the inning to get the win 3-2!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Liberty WINS first game of the DH, 3-2.

Longwood leaves the bases loaded. Good coaching call by Dot to walk their better hitter to load their bases and pitch to a weaker hitter who popped up to Bishop at 2nd base (I'm sure ballcoach would have made the same move).
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose game 2 by score of 6-2. 4th inning killed us. We leave bases loaded then allow LW to score 4 runs in bottom of inning. Some girl hit a 3 run Homer. We did not hit. Only had 5 hits if I recall correctly.
Hopefully we can come back Sunday and win series. But we must hit better.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Who is making the hour drive to Farmville after church on Sunday?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I despise going to that dump, but I will bite the bullet and go.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, didn't you drive there last year and listen to the game in the Longwood parking lot because you couldn't stand to go inside their "stadium" (or are you banned from going inside)?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am not banned. Worst venue in college softball that I have been to, except maybe Radford. When I go to Longwood I feel like I should "wear pink".
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
From the standpoint of tournament seeding, this is a YUGE game. Win, and we have a commanding 3 game edge plus the tiebreaker. Lose, and we still have a game on them, but they own the tiebreaker, so we have zero margin for error.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]