The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We got to get bats going. The Bishop twins went 7-13 yesterday. Rest of team was 4-44. Pitching wasn't that bad, considering the umpire squeezed the strike zone in game 2.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We got to get bats going. The Bishop twins went 7-13 yesterday. Rest of team was 4-44. Pitching wasn't that bad, considering the umpire squeezed the strike zone in game 2.
Might have to do with the fact that Longwood has the best pitching in the BSC. It also doesn't help we have two offensive bats on the shelf (Sweat and Zavodny) and Taylor having a poor offensive year. Leaves us too many slap hitters and offensive holes in the lineup that they can work around. Can't imagine this team without the Bishops.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, didn't you drive there last year and listen to the game in the Longwood parking lot because you couldn't stand to go inside their "stadium" (or are you banned from going inside)?
I’m going with ‘Banned’. Wearing shorts under his trench coat probably wasn’t the best life choice
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am not banned. Worst venue in college softball that I have been to, except maybe Radford. When I go to Longwood I feel like I should "wear pink".
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, didn't you drive there last year and listen to the game in the Longwood parking lot because you couldn't stand to go inside their "stadium" (or are you banned from going inside)?
I’m going with ‘Banned’. Wearing shorts under his trench coat probably wasn’t the best life choice
It's all starting to make sense now.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I will sit beyond left field fence, away from most of Longwood fans.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I will sit beyond left field fence, away from most of Longwood fans.
....... and Campus Security
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach will be easy to spot: old guy with red NASCAR headphones and wearing PINK, probably carrying a BK paper bag full of Whopper Juniors. :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach will be easy to spot: old guy with red NASCAR headphones and wearing PINK, probably carrying a BK paper bag full of Whopper Juniors. :oldhag
Trying to pick up Longwood’s coach!
By Dalegarz1
Tough loss and a real momentum builder for Longwood. They continue to be a thorn in our side and will be tough in the BSC tournament.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Longwood has the easier BSC schedule to end the year and could overtake us in regular season standings. Can only hope we can get them in the tournament. Gay and Backstrom are a challenge.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We did not hit. First 4 hitters in lineup went combined 0-12. Last 3 innings we not have base runner. I know some will credit LW pitching, but we simply did not swing bats well.too many weak ground balls or pop ups. Robertson had HR and double. Via and Click bunt singles. That was it. Thankfully BSC tournament will not be at LW. Losing these 2 games will cause our RPI to drop, I believe. But at any rate, we control our own destiny come post season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This phone conversation really happened at 4:30 pm. today in Farmville.

Cider: "Ballcoach, where are you? I'm in the Longwood parking lot across the street from the softball field, and I don't see your truck."
Ballcoach (laughing): "I'm at Burger King."
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, you should have joined us for dinner at The Fishin' Pig. Good BBQ and the best fried catfish on the planet.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I wanted to, but I had ate too much already.

I just watched a replay of the 2 home runs Longwood hit. Both were off "bad pitches" that were up in the zone.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I wanted to, but I had ate too much already.

I just watched a replay of the 2 home runs Longwood hit. Both were off "bad pitches" that were up in the zone.
You just described probably well over 90% of all HRs hit. Very few are hit off of "good pitches". The vast majority of "bad pitches" do not result in home runs either. The batter has to be prepared and take advantage of the opportunity. I know you aren't going to change it, but your unwillingness to give Longwood any credit whatsoever for their success reeks of poor sportsmanship.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
And they probably don't have a player that could start for Liberty.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:And they probably don't have a player that could start for Liberty.
If that's true, Longwood's coach must do some amazing things with their "lack" of talent. :shock:
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]