The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Wolfpack comes to LU Wednesday. First pitch is 5:00.
Also Wednesday LU baseball hosts Wake Forest.
Hopefully weather will be good and we can have large turnout for both games. In softball we need a win to help our RPI.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
NC State is 20-15 and split with Gardner Webb. Nobody left on the schedule is particularly scary. UVA and VT are having bad years. The Hokies split with Longwood. UVA lost 2 of 3 to UNC (we beat the Tar Heels in CA). Longwood of course, always plays us tough.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
NC State currently has highest RPI (57) of any team left on our schedule.

(LU is 42)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
NCAA updated stats:

LU rank

RPI 42
Batting Ave 26
Fldg % 21
Doubles 11
Triples 9
Scoring 50
Won-Lost % 19

Individual

Doubles Autumn Bishop 1
Amber Bishop 20
Sac Flys Autumn Bishop 10

Wins DiMartino 8

Shutouts DiMartino 11
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Curious to know what is happening with Tori Zavodny. Due to the stricter confidentiality laws regarding Health Information passed several years ago, injury status is hard to come by these days. Since Tori is an adult, it's up to her if she wants to have her status known. I'm guessing there has been no surgery yet, but with an ACL, it often takes a while for the swelling to go down enough to operate. Has she been in the dugout for games? Crutches? Knee brace?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
She has been in dugout for each game since injury. This past weekend she was off crutches, walking with slight limp.

I was told that she plans to rehab and be fitted with special brace that is on order . No date has been set for her return, but I imagine it will be "post season". Probably limited to pinch hitting or DH.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins 5-2. McFarland 2 run double, Autumn Bishop 2 run Homer. DiMartino strikes out 11 batters. We only had 4 hits, but made them count. Scored all our runs in one inning.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on April 4th, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We get our 8th straight 5-2 behind Julia's 11 strikeout complete game. Autumn Bishop with a 2 run homer. On to Farmville!
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]