The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Gardner Webb comes to town this weekend. Bulldogs are 20-14 (4-2 in BSC). They have a player who has hit 16 home runs and has 50 RBI.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I thought she must be, I'd never heard of her before I checked her G Webb softball page. Hopefully we will pitch to her "very carefully". I am not sure on how good the pitching has been that G Webb has faced. Some teams pad stats against weak teams.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, isn't this when you normally say, "walk her, even if the bases are loaded"?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The high major games G-W has played were a 6-5 w over NC State and run rule shutout losses to the wolfpack and to Georgia.

They have given up 42 runs in 6 BSC games. (Campbell and Presby)
We have given up 9 to the same 2 opponents.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have yet to check their pitching stats, but it appears they are not strong in the circle.
By Dalegarz1
Their main pitcher has the following stats.
W/L 12-8
Innings 112
Hits 163
BB 28
K 41
ERA 3.85
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As I review NCAA stats, I see Liberty is ranked in the Top 50 in several stats:

RPI 48
Batting Ave 40th
Fielding % 23
Doubles 14
Triples 11
Won-Lost % 24
Stolen Bases 43
Strikeout to Walk Ratio 43
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:As I review NCAA stats, I see Liberty is ranked in the Top 50 in several stats:

RPI 48
Batting Ave 40th
Fielding % 23
Doubles 14
Triples 11

Won-Lost % 24
Stolen Bases 43
Strikeout to Walk Ratio 43
Reading as extra base hitting, this is a pretty significant place to be.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Yes, we are good with doubles and triples, but I wish we had a few more home runs.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
All 22 of our regular season games remaining are in the state of Virginia. (Plus BSC tournament).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
DiMartino goes the distance for her 16th win, and we beat G-W 6-3. Katy Prebble, the Lady Bulldog's star Freshman, hit a 2 run homer in the 3rd, her 16th of the year, but with 2 on in the 7th she came up representing the tying run, and Julie did NOT walk her. Got her to pop up to 3b.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Her home run was her 17th. Ig GW had strong pitching they would be a tough team.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins game 1, 5-0. Liz Engler throws 4 hit shutout. She now has a 25 inning scoreless streak going.

Taylor Hoffman made a catch in left field that should make Sportscenter Top 10.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We win game 3 by run rule in 5 innings 8-0. Chase Cassady with the 2 hitter, striking out 9. Amber Bishop 3-3 with a solo HR. Impressive sweep, especially the pitching against a team that has been putting up big numbers offensively all year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If my math is correct we shut them out for last 18 innings played.
I believe that is correct. The 2 run Homer by Prebble in the 3rd inning of game one was the last scoring they did.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Three different pitchers in the series and our ace is the only one who gave up runs. Our staff is really looking good right now, especially if Chase can continue to pitch like she did today when called on.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Food for thought:

Megan Richards the Campbell pitcher from Rustburg threw a 10 inning no hitter against Longwood today. In 2 starts against LU, she did not survive the first inning.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]