The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And I think ballcoach is doing a roadie to Greensboro.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm thinking this game has been postponed. Lineups were up on live stats, but nothing was ever updated and then it was taken down. I guess weather permitting they will play 2 tomorrow.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Poor job on stats by host team.

We win 12-2, it was cold and windy. Taylor had HR. Engler relieved Kirby in first inning and pitched 7 innings of shut out ball, aft A&T had scored 2 runs. Looked as if we not come to play. I hope weather was the reason. Bright spot in game was everyone got in the game, both batting and in field, I think. In 7th inning, Amber Bishop was only starter on field. Couple of freshmen looked good in their 1 inning. Erich got her first career hit, a 2 run single and made a good catch in CF.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Poor job on stats by host team.

We win 12-2, it was cold and windy. Taylor had HR. Engler relieved Kirby in first inning and pitched 7 innings of shut out ball, aft A&T had scored 2 runs. Looked as if we not come to play. I hope weather was the reason. Bright spot in game was everyone got in the game, both batting and in field, I think. In 7th inning, Amber Bishop was only starter on field. Couple of freshmen looked good in their 1 inning. Erich got her first career hit, a 2 run single and made a good catch in CF.
Only you could say your team didn't come to play after they win 12-2. :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:A&t was 2-21 coming into game. If you could have seen some of our at bats and base running, you would agree with me, if you know softball.
I highly doubt it. Just because they got off to a slow start doesn't mean they didn't come to play. You use that term way to loosely. IMHO it is condescending and implies a lack of motivation and effort.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
:shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good comeback by LU in game 2. 7-1 final. Sarah Robertson had 3 run Homer. Liz Engler pitched a 4 hitter, allowing only an unearned run, with 5 Ks. This was a big win, as we head to Presbyterian.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the update (and the text), ballcoach. :clapping
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:In 2 games this week, Liz Engler has pitched 14 innings, 2 wins, 0 earned runs and 10 Ks.
Her numbers actually are better than Julia's this season except for k/bb ratio, albeit in fewer innings. Nice to have a two aces and Chase isn't far behind. Let's hope they all stay healthy.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I watched Liz throwing in the bullpen in Florida in February. I was surprised at how hard she was throwing. Appears to have picked up some velocity on fastball, compared to last year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In game 1, we make quick work of PC, winning 8-0 in 5 innings. Amber Bishop had 3 hits, Autumn Bishop, Robertson and Via had 2 hits. DiMartino pitches 3 hit shutout.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]