The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Big first day on Thursday. If we win both, we can go 3-2. I would love to be proved wrong and say 4-1 but....
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:No, single games, 5 total.
Thanks - I see two teams now. Didn't notice that before.
By Dalegarz1
Need to bounce back today after a poor performance against San Diego State who has struggled so far this year (4-8). Early indications are that DR will have to manage the number of innings that JD pitches so she can carry the load during the BSC tournament and post season play.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This game "turned" on 2 plays. In first inning, our first 2 hitters got singles, but we had a runner thrown out at 3rd base, in effect killing the rally. There's an unwritten rule: "never make the first or third out at 3rd base".
Then we give up a grand slam HR. Ball game. After the first inning, we only had 2 hits.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU beats UC Davis 4-1. McFarland had 2 run single. Robertson had 2 run double. DiMartino pitched 4 hitter with 8 Ks. Flames play UCLA next.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
End up losing 4-3. Played a good game against #3 in the country. Pretty impressive. That puts our record at 2-2in the MN Classic. One more game on Saturday?
By Dalegarz1
Played the Bruins tough! Jaclyn Amader's bat has come alive-a good sign for the Flames. If she can continue, it will add some much needed pop in the bottom of the lineup. She hasn't lived up to the hype coming out of high school and I always felt she was pressing as I watched her.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Played the Bruins tough! Jaclyn Amader's bat has come alive-a good sign for the Flames. If she can continue, it will add some much needed pop in the bottom of the lineup. She hasn't lived up to the hype coming out of high school and I always felt she was pressing as I watched her.
Jaclyn actually had a pretty good Freshman season. Last year was an altogether different story. My understanding is it was a combination of not being fully healthy all year with some nagging injuries and a really killer academic load in her nursing major.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I talked with a guy this morning who watched the game. He said that the girl who hit HR for UCLA in 5th inning had struck out twice in the at bat, but she received some favorable home cooking from umpire, said instead of 3 strikes, she was given 5.

Before the naysayers get panties in a wad, I am not blaming loss on umpire. I am just relaying what happened.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Dalegarz1 wrote:Played the Bruins tough! Jaclyn Amader's bat has come alive-a good sign for the Flames. If she can continue, it will add some much needed pop in the bottom of the lineup. She hasn't lived up to the hype coming out of high school and I always felt she was pressing as I watched her.
Jaclyn actually had a pretty good Freshman season. Last year was an altogether different story. My understanding is it was a combination of not being fully healthy all year with some nagging injuries and a really killer academic load in her nursing major.
Flu again? :) That's the basketball excuse, wrong sport. 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU trails 2-0 2nd inning. AZ State cleanup hitter hit HR in first inning. We have looked at 3 called 3rd strikes in 2 innings.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, what was our final record at my cousin's tournament? Were we over .500?
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]