The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU scores 2 in bottom of 5th, to win 2-1. DiMartino retires last 5 batters, 3 on Ks to get save. Cassidy goes 5 1/3 to get win. LU pitchers had 8 Ks on the day.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins 6-0. DiMartino throws 1 hitter with 8 ks
Only hit was bunt single. Only 1 ball hit out of infield. LU had 11 hits
Robertson and McFarland had 2 run double for LU.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Let me preface this by saying i'm not as well versed in softball as the other 3 major sports but it would seem to be a great start to the year at 8 and 1. Most of them should be wins so far but it looks like heavy challenges coming up the next couple weeks.

Where is the best place to track rpi for college softball?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
8-1 is a great start, but California trip looms big. All our opponents out there are better than anyone we have played to this point. As for tracking RPI, google NCAA D 1 softball. Click on NCAA website for softball. There is a link that says rankings, click on that and you should find RPI standings.

DiMartino pitched 10.2 innings today, allowed only 2 hits, 2 walks and had 17 Ks, Engler pitched well, she gave up 2 runs with 2 outs, after allowing a hit on an 0-2 pitch with 2 out and none on.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Gutsy effort by Julia! After CMU put a monkey wrench in what had been her nearly perfect season by roughing her up Thursday, she bounces back with 2 wins, including a dominant 3 plus innings of relief against the Chippawas.
By Dalegarz1
Should beat San Diego State and UC Davis. We have a good shot at UNC but to go 4-1 we would have to beat Arizona State (Only 1 loss to Tennessee) or UCLA (undefeated)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There were lot of upsets this past weekend, Oklahoma lost to Boston University. If my memory is correct, Alabama, Oregon and Florida also lost.

Sooner or later, LU has to take that next step, this weekend would be a good time to do it.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Should beat San Diego State and UC Davis. We have a good shot at UNC but to go 4-1 we would have to beat Arizona State (Only 1 loss to Tennessee) or UCLA (undefeated)
The unbridled optimism on this board is amazing. I hope we win them all. I love DR, but....................................
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
:BS
flameshaw wrote:
Dalegarz1 wrote:Should beat San Diego State and UC Davis. We have a good shot at UNC but to go 4-1 we would have to beat Arizona State (Only 1 loss to Tennessee) or UCLA (undefeated)
The unbridled optimism on this board is amazing. I hope we win them all. I love DR, but....................................
Better than unbridled negativity on a fan site.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:The unbridled optimism on this board is amazing.
Try some of this: :koolaid
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote::BS
flameshaw wrote:
Better than unbridled negativity on a fan site.
Totally agree! Personally I like an overall optimistic tone with a dose of reality thrown in. IMHO This board has moved a bit too far to the negative.

UNC is 5-4 and has losses to Providence and Elon. Definitely winnable. ASU or UCLA would be major upsets, but I believe with Julia pitching her best we might have a shot.
Last edited by olldflame on February 20th, 2018, 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
By cruzan_flame13
I would like that as well! That's what I did before with football and basketball, but i was considered a non-realist. Things most likely not happen in the next few years, but I do believe LU can make something out of their athletic department on a national level. For softball, I do see DR bringing this team to a top 40 in a few years.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I would like that as well! That's what I did before with football and basketball, but i was considered a non-realist. Things most likely not happen in the next few years, but I do believe LU can make something out of their athletic department on a national level. For softball, I do see DR bringing this team to a top 40 this year.
FIFY - Unbridled optimism!! :pbjtime
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]