The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU signed 2 players to LOIs, for 2018-2019.

Kara Canetto, outfielder from Sylvania, GA. She is a speedster.

Denay Griffin, shortstop from San Antonio, TX, a power hitter.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Article in today's paper about a local high school lefty committing to pitch for LU: Amherst's Braelyn Cooper has a 0.98 ERA and 6 wins this year.
“As a power lefty, Braelyn will be a strong addition to the pitching staff,” LU coach Dot Richardson said via a release from the university. “We are excited about the element she will bring to the program. She is a true competitor with a strong mindset to take charge while in the circle.”
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/high_ ... dbc03.html
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Article in today's paper about a local high school lefty committing to pitch for LU: Amherst's Braelyn Cooper has a 0.98 ERA and 6 wins this year.
“As a power lefty, Braelyn will be a strong addition to the pitching staff,” LU coach Dot Richardson said via a release from the university. “We are excited about the element she will bring to the program. She is a true competitor with a strong mindset to take charge while in the circle.”
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/high_ ... dbc03.html
She pitched a 2-hit shutout last night against Brookville, the perennial Seminole District champs and usually the best team in the region.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Didn't the Amherst pitcher give a verbal commitment in like 8th or 9th grade to play for LU?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I went to the Amherst @ Jefferson Forest game yesterday to watch the Amherst pitcher who has signed with Liberty. When in South Carolina last week, I met the outielder from Georgia who has signed with LU.

"My sights are pointed toward the Fall Schedule"
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I went to the Amherst @ Jefferson Forest game yesterday to watch the Amherst pitcher who has signed with Liberty.
Ballcoach, did she pitch yesterday? If so, how did she do? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
She pitched good, had a no hitter into 7th inning, finished with 2 hitter, 4 BB and 5 Ks. Won 3-1.
By Class of 20Something
Just as a 3rd party observer here. Do parents usually do well with older, non university affiliated men talking to their underage daughters?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Just as a 3rd party observer here. Do parents usually do well with older, non university affiliated men talking to their underage daughters?
Come on... It's pretty normal for a player or family who has signed with us, to see someone in a Liberty shirt and make general conversation. That's the problem with the world now - everyone feels it's weird to communicate anymore or it's go t to be dirty. And - you must of never seen BallCoach before - he's looks very safe and friendly -
By Class of 20Something
Well, part of why I asked was genuine ignorance. I have never gone to watch an incoming student while they were in high school. I wasn't asking in an accusatory manner. I just know I have a 17 month old that I adore and would do anything to protect.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That might have been the dumbest question ever asked. I don't think a CNN reporter could ask one of White House press secretary more dumber. For the record I was introduced to the girl from Georgia by s LU staff member. As for yesterday's game, I went to game, sit in bleachers and watched game, never saying anything to anyone in the park.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:That might have been the dumbest question ever asked. I don't think a CNN reporter could ask one of White House press secretary more dumber. For the record I was introduced to the girl from Georgia by s LU staff member. As for yesterday's game, I went to game, sit in bleachers and watched game, never saying anything to anyone in the park.
That's pretty offensive considering the "source."
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Going to watch a recruit play while still in high school, is fairly common. I have done it for softball, baseball , basketball and football.
I know a guy who will not go to a high school game, unless a UVA recruit is playing.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Well, part of why I asked was genuine ignorance. I have never gone to watch an incoming student while they were in high school. I wasn't asking in an accusatory manner. I just know I have a 17 month old that I adore and would do anything to protect.
That sums it up pretty well I think.
By Class of 20Something
flamehunter wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Well, part of why I asked was genuine ignorance. I have never gone to watch an incoming student while they were in high school. I wasn't asking in an accusatory manner. I just know I have a 17 month old that I adore and would do anything to protect.
There is a distinction between being unaware/ uninformed vs willfully avoiding facts. Chastising someone for trying to learn if far worse than not knowing.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
There is a distinction between being unaware/ uninformed vs willfully avoiding facts. Chastising someone for trying to learn if far worse than not knowing.
The only chastising I would give you is to think before you ask something like that. The implication toward ballcoach was pretty clear and while ballcoach deserves some of the ribbing he gets on here, that was crossing the line. I don't condemn asking questions to learn but I believe your question was dual purpose at best.
By Class of 20Something
Your assumption about my motives was wrong. Clear and plain. I'm not sure what else I could have included to prove that in my original question.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Your assumption about my motives was wrong. Clear and plain. I'm not sure what else I could have included to prove that in my original question.
Then I go back to saying that you need to think before you type something like that. Context leads everyone who reads this regularly to believe that was a slam on ballcoach for what some would call creepy behavior. Ballcoach is a softball addict, I think that is clear. More power to him and that does not warrant innuendo like what is perceived in your question. Think about what you mean to say and put it in the proper context. Your excuse about protecting your own child implies to me that you do view his or someone like him attending a HS game of a recruit as a threat. You may have had only honest intentions, but THINK before you type, man.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
For the record, I met the player's mother at a game during the "fall season". She told me her daughter has committed to Liberty and invited me to come and watch a game. Yesterday was the first opportunity I had to go watch.
By Class of 20Something
flamehunter wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Your assumption about my motives was wrong. Clear and plain. I'm not sure what else I could have included to prove that in my original question.
Then I go back to saying that you need to think before you type something like that. Context leads everyone who reads this regularly to believe that was a slam on ballcoach for what some would call creepy behavior. Ballcoach is a softball addict, I think that is clear. More power to him and that does not warrant innuendo like what is perceived in your question. Think about what you mean to say and put it in the proper context. Your excuse about protecting your own child implies to me that you do view his or someone like him attending a HS game of a recruit as a threat. You may have had only honest intentions, but THINK before you type, man.
I love ballcoach's passion for the game and for Liberty athletics. I share his obsessive fandom but with football. I'm not knocking that at all. I asked a question about how parents respond to a stranger talking to their daughter. You want a controversial question? I can write one of those right up. I didn't imply that ballcoach is a threat. I only implied that he is unknown. Has no one here ever heard of stranger danger?

I am still open to suggestions as to how to better ask that question without everyone drawing an incorrect conclusion.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
I love ballcoach's passion for the game and for Liberty athletics. I share his obsessive fandom but with football. I'm not knocking that at all. I asked a question about how parents respond to a stranger talking to their daughter. You want a controversial question? I can write one of those right up. I didn't imply that ballcoach is a threat. I only implied that he is unknown. Has no one here ever heard of stranger danger?

I am still open to suggestions as to how to better ask that question without everyone drawing an incorrect conclusion.
Simple. Start a different thread, give a hypothetical scenario involving your own daughter or a made up kid and make it as generic as possible. Choose girl's soccer instead or another sport. Posing that question right after ballcoach told about his visit leads to a pretty obvious conclusion.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]