The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The rain comes and the game is called before we complete our at bats in the 6th. Score reverts to the end of 5th and we are champions.
Last edited by olldflame on May 24th, 2017, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not the way I would have wanted it to go, but...I guess congratulations are in order for Coach Richardson and the ladies
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Lamar coach and players are understandably not happy. Tournament director made the call.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I would be boiling too in their position.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Bud Selig? Is that you?
By LUDad
It's a shame we did not have the opportunity to finish the win on the field. I feel compassion for Lamar but as clutch as our ladies have been, I am certain they would have come back in the 7th if not the 6th.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We had 2 on and Autumn at plate.

But TF told everyone from 5th inning on, if game gets called for rain, score reverts back.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on May 24th, 2017, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:This is so bizarre. I can't be happy winning this way. How could anybody?
TF will
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We won IAW NCAA rules. It wasn't as if we cheated.

We have the Championship trophy.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its been the rule for a long time i believe. We have been coming back so much its a shame we didnt get the opportunity to do it. Either way the softball program took a big step forward the last 2 months.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:This is so bizarre. I can't be happy winning this way. How could anybody?
TF will
Had lunch with TF the other day and as usual he stuck me with the check :x
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
TF will
Had lunch with TF the other day and as usual he stuck me with the check :x
T Rex arms
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Its been the rule for a long time i believe. We have been coming back so much its a shame we didnt get the opportunity to do it. Either way the softball program took a big step forward the last 2 months.
This tournament gave us valuable post season experience which will help us next season, when hopefully we will not lose to inferior teams come tournament time. LU was one of youngest teams in the nation this year. With all but one player returning, and 5 freshmen on the way, future is bright.
By LUDad
LU did a nice job of providing the ESPN crew with a lot of great shots of the facilities. I wonder how many talented High School softball players were watching...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TV viewers was probably down some because of high school tournaments around the nation. but with all the rain hopefully a lot of players watched the tournament.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to the radio post game, Coach Dot's team had more wins this season than any other softball team in LU history! :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We end up 46-24. the previous record was 41 I believe.. There's some teams in Super Regionals this week that do not have 46 wins.
By Dalegarz1
Jinxy wrote: Its been the rule for a long time i believe. We have been coming back so much its a shame we didnt get the opportunity to do it. Either way the softball program took a big step forward the last 2 months.

After all is said and done, this is the "take away" from the tournament. Team spirit, leadership and clutch hitting, all items missing from last year, emerged during this championship. This is exactly what this program needed and perhaps not getting in the NCAA's was a blessing. Congratulations ladies for an impressive championship fighting your way out of the loser's bracket!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
After reading article in today's NewsAdvance, this game should have probably been called after 5 innings. 6th inning should have never started.
Both coaches and tournament director met before game and were told game may be called after 5.
Apparently DiMartino had trouble with ball being wet in 6th.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]