The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:After reading article in today's NewsAdvance, this game should have probably been called after 5 innings. 6th inning should have never started.
Both coaches and tournament director met before game and were told game may be called after 5.
Apparently DiMartino had trouble with ball being wet in 6th.
Was the game really called after only a 19 minute delay? Did they play through a 4 1/2 hour delay the day before? If so, Lamar has a legitimate beef.

http://deadspin.com/controversial-raino ... 1795531687
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Probably shouldn't have started the game at all. What prevented them from postponing it until today? This was their (NISC) national championship, they should have acted like it was important to make it a "clean" game. This will tarnish their reputation, IMHO, for the foreseeable future.
With all that said, I think the softball program has a lot to be proud of and the future looks to be very bright. Even though this was a tournament some on here think was unimportant and no one cares about, compare this post-season to others in the past few years and you can't help but see significant progress. Well done Coach Dot and team!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
After 19 minutes hard rain, the infield was a lake. Homeplate was literally underwater. Whether they waited 19 minutes, an hour, or 4 hours, that game was NOT going to be played on that field.

Ballcoach makes a good point--the 6th inning should have never been started, considering how hard it was raining and the condition of the field. Every time the ball even touched the infield, the umpires had to replace the ball because it was caked in mud.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Game should have been postponed until today. But for some unknown reason, tournament had to finish yesterday. I think it was because NCAA regionals start today, and there could not be any other tournament being played at same time. (Espn Rules probably)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Typical of the snowflake movement in anything associated with colleges today, the NISC named 3 players from each of the 6 teams who participated in the finals to the all-tournament team. What a joke. After seeing that, I'm sure if the NCAA rules would have allowed it, they would have named Lamar co-champions.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If youve played ball then that makes sense. Its unfair to ask one pitcher to work in elements and not the other. Inning shouldnt have been started but once it was its a difficult decision. Pictures i saw def looked like the field was unplayable.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Game should have been postponed until today. But for some unknown reason, tournament had to finish yesterday. I think it was because NCAA regionals start today, and there could not be any other tournament being played at same time. (Espn Rules probably)
There are plenty of things we can blame on ESPN, but this isn't one of them. The NISC had an agreement with the NCAA for a hard and fast Sunday deadline to complete the tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Typical of the snowflake movement in anything associated with colleges today, the NISC named 3 players from each of the 6 teams who participated in the finals to the all-tournament team. What a joke. After seeing that, I'm sure if the NCAA rules would have allowed it, they would have named Lamar co-champions.

I thought it was rather strange that 3 players from each team made it. That watered the All Tournament Team down, in my opinion.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Maybe they named 3 players from each school because they want to keep the schools happy and ensure they pay to play in the tournament in the future. There's really no other explanation is there?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
One from each team would have been better than 3. I am sure the 3 player requirement shafted someone.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Maybe they named 3 players from each school because they want to keep the schools happy and ensure they pay to play in the tournament in the future. There's really no other explanation is there?
It was a PC snowflake move. They put everyone in their own "safe place".
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:If youve played ball then that makes sense. Its unfair to ask one pitcher to work in elements and not the other. Inning shouldnt have been started but once it was its a difficult decision. Pictures i saw def looked like the field was unplayable.
I have a photo taken during rain delay, but I not know how to post it for all to see. (without exposing my identity)
By LUDad
ballcoach15 wrote:
jinxy wrote:If youve played ball then that makes sense. Its unfair to ask one pitcher to work in elements and not the other. Inning shouldnt have been started but once it was its a difficult decision. Pictures i saw def looked like the field was unplayable.
I have a photo taken during rain delay, but I not know how to post it for all to see. (without exposing my identity)
Too late... ESPN did a closeup of you last night.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My one time landlord Terry Falwell
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The field was almost unplayable during the first game. Lots of mud for sure. Not sure what the correct answer was, but continuing to play after the hard rain, wasn't one of them.
The 3 players from each team to the All-Tourney team is hilarious. Did they give all the the players participation trophies? Can't make this stuff up.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Ok, I'll bite: who the heck is TF?
I guess you missed that fascinating discussion. :roll:

As best I can ascertain, it is Terry Falwell. Apparently ballcoach and TF are buds.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:

As best I can ascertain, it is Terry Falwell. Apparently ballcoach and TF are buds.
I saw part of that. Did ballcoach ever confirm or did he just keep saying TF over and over?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I don't think he did. Its the only one that makes sense. When he was my landlord he talked a lot about LU sports, softball in particular (since his daughter plays/played for LCA)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
oldflame wrote:

I saw part of that. Did ballcoach ever confirm or did he just keep saying TF over and over?
Ballcoach sent a PM to Cider saying who TF is. Although Cider did not actually post the name, he revealed some information that made it pretty clear who he was talking about.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My understanding is that they are old softball coaching buddies, and I spent more time with both of them this week watching double- and tripleheaders than I have spent with Mrs. Cider.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:My understanding is that they are old softball coaching buddies, and I spent more time with both of them this week watching double- and tripleheaders than I have spent with Mrs. Cider.
That's called 'Atraining'
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]