The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Game time 3:00. Who will start on the mound? Chase threw 103 pitches last night, which does not rule her out, but she is not accustomed to being the workhorse like Julia was. The way she is pitching at this point I think you need to go with her as long as she feels up to it (regardless of who else is available).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We take a 2-0 lead on a HR by McFarland. Ohio's pitcher Savannah Jo Dorsey was 24-8 with a 1.13 ERA coming into this game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
DiMartino in to pitch with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs in the 5th.

She gets the K to end the scoring threat.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Another base-running blunder, this time Autumn Bishop. :banghead

We manage to get an insurance run anyway on the clutch 2 out hit by Zavodny.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The ladies win 3-0 to advance to the championship round. Friesen and DiMartino combine to throw a 2 hitter.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Job is simple...win one more game. winner of Iona and UNCW plays Ohio and that winner has to beat LU twice
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My meetings went long, and I didn't get to the stadium until the 6th inning at 4:30. When I tried to enter, they said I would still have to pay $10 to watch one inning.

I politely thanked them, but I told them I'd pass and listen to the game on the radio. By the time I drove across town to get home in my truck, the game was over.

But I'm still hopeful to make the final game tomorrow!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BTW, DR made sure there was no mystery about tomorrow's starter, announcing in her post game interview that she would "go with the heat" and start Chase Cassady, with both Kenzie and Julia available in the pen.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:TF said good pitching will stop good hitting..
Terry Francona?
Tim Foley?
Tito Fuentes?
Tina Fey?
Terry Funk?
Tyler Falwell?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I not know how many posters have watched last few games, but we seem to be making 3 or 4 outs a game on checked swings. That needs to stop.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:None of the above.
So, it's a secret?
The point of the above was to point out that you really should only use initials if the situation and context will enable most people reading it to know who you are talking about. Here on FF we use TG, IM, JLFJR, DR and RMK and pretty much everyone knows who they are. TF.....not so much.

For the record, a variation of that quote, "Good pitching will always beat good hitting, and vice versa." is attributed to YB
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Here on FF we use TG, IM, JLFJR, DR and RMK and pretty much everyone knows who they are.
You forgot RD. Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
oldflame wrote:Here on FF we use TG, IM, JLFJR, DR and RMK and pretty much everyone knows who they are.
You forgot RD. Play Basketball
Yes, I did. Thanks for reminding me......... NOT! :banghead
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:None of the above.
So, it's a secret?
The point of the above was to point out that you really should only use initials if the situation and context will enable most people reading it to know who you are talking about. Here on FF we use TG, IM, JLFJR, DR and RMK and pretty much everyone knows who they are. TF.....not so much.

For the record, a variation of that quote, "Good pitching will always beat good hitting, and vice versa." is attributed to YB
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out what Danny Rocco has to do with women's softball though. :wink:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Yes, I did. Thanks for reminding me......... NOT! :banghead
:rofl
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]