The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
UNC_W brings a 33-18 record into tournament. They have 2, 15 game winners on pitching staff. Peyton Jordan has a 1.66 ERA, with 120 Ks in 181 innings. Sarah Davis has 3.24 ERA with 75 Ks in 123 innings. If my memory is correct, they played a lot of low scoring games, including a 13 inning 1-0 game vs Campbell.

We have been good at "bouncing back" after tough losses this season. Hopefully it can continue tonight.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chase Cassady is starting on the mound. She pitched well Sat and Sun, but this still makes no sense if Julia is available.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This makes me wonder what is really going on with her since she was our #1 starter and you would want your #1 for our first ever NISC game
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
2-0 LU after 1. See with big 2 out single with bases loaded.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Chase Cassady finishes off a dominant 3 hit shutout by striking out the side in the 7th,giving her 12 for the game. Flames win 4-0 with See and Autumn Bishop driving in the runs,
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Maybe our best game of the year.

As for the G-2, I got it, but it is hard to explain.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Maybe our best game of the year.

As for the G-2, I got it, but it is hard to explain.
You can do it. You're an Army man. You should be used to doing things that aren't easy. 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
True, but I need to think about it. Plus I got one more source I need to talk with.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The attendance last night was listed in box score as 202. That is very pitiful. Stadium should have been packed.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, the LU students are GONE and HOME for the summer. But I'm going to try to make today's game after I get out of meetings at 3:30.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, the LU students are GONE and HOME for the summer. But I'm going to try to make today's game after I get out of meetings at 3:30.
Add to that the fact that there was less that 48 hours notice that the game was being played and how would you expect a big turnout? Oh,one more thing.... It's SOFTBALL. I appreciate and respect how passionate you are about it ballcoach, but there are not a lot of people in the general public who share your views. I would expect the crowds for the Liberty games will get a bit better the next couple of days, but not much. We are talking family and close friends of the players and a few die hard softball afficianados from the community. (ie:ballcoach)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, the LU students are GONE and HOME for the summer. But I'm going to try to make today's game after I get out of meetings at 3:30.
Add to that the fact that there was less that 48 hours notice that the game was being played and how would you expect a big turnout? Oh,one more thing.... It's SOFTBALL. I appreciate and respect how passionate you are about it ballcoach, but there are not a lot of people in the general public who share your views. I would expect the crowds for the Liberty games will get a bit better the next couple of days, but not much. We are talking family and close friends of the players and a few die hard softball afficianados, and fanatics of everything Liberty from the community.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Granted it was a very short turn-around from conference tournaments until start of NISC. Schools did not have time to properly market the tournament. Not enough time to even print a program. In the future the NISC needs to do a better job, if they want this tournament to be successful.
Also the Lynchburg paper needs to do a better job covering LU softball. They have basically a one paragraph report on each game, that appears to be taken off LU softball website. Same one paragraph prior to start of tournament. There should have been a large article on front page of sports section on the tournament.
The cost of admission is a little steep. I got the 25.00 deal for all 3 days. They told me I could not take off wrist band for 3 days. I cut it off, will tape it on each day. If I wear it all the time, someone may think I escaped from the hospital.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
If the demand was there for women's softball coverage, you would see more. It's unfortunately not too high on the priority list for any level because of that.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You're not gonna get much on LC or RC either, even if one of them made NCAA championship game. Softball just is not a sport that gets the meter moving in most areas. You'll probably get the aforementioned diehards, a few more locals and maybe some of the younger players...you won't get the high school kids because I believe this is postseason time for them at the private AND public school level.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]