The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It was a gamble and we lost our proverbial shirts. That's the bottom linr. IM certainly will be looking at whether to make a change for 2018 or no.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:The manner in which we lost was very disappointing. From the players perspective, some shoddy defense led to Longwood's runs. It started with Amador's misplay in left field. Although scored a double, it was clearly a ball she should have caught and was an error in my book. Add to that the errant bases loaded throw to home by Cassidy and we got what we deserved. Unfortunately we did not hit very well although credit should be given to their pitcher. From a coach's perspective the pitching decision was baffling. You don't pick the biggest game of the year to throw your number 5 pitcher because the opponent hasn't seen her. She's number 5 for a reason. You ride your horse who has the best stuff and most experience. There is definitely some explaining to do by DR. Although we've made significant progress in the win/loss category, the program continues to underperform as compared to the expectations set by their own coaching staff.
100% agree.Dot Richardson owes FlamesNation an explaination as to why a FR with limited experience started this game instead of the The BSC Pitcher of the Year. Even if there is a legit reason why neither Julia or Kenzie could start, it should have been Chase. If Chase starts this game, we probably win.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I actually disagree that Coach Richardson OWES the fans and explanation of her coaching moves like we somehow are entitled to it. I mean I would like some insight into the impetus for the move, but I'm not going to sit here and think she has to explain the move to me. If anything, the only person she owes it to is the guy who now signs her paychecks.

Also, hindsight is always 20/20 so I don't think it's fair or accurate to assume that we automatically win the game if Cassady starts. That is assuming that everything that happened to Engler would reverse for Cassady
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I actually disagree that Coach Richardson OWES the fans and explanation of her coaching moves like we somehow are entitled to it. I mean I would like some insight into the impetus for the move, but I'm not going to sit here and think she has to explain the move to me. If anything, the only person she owes it to is the guy who now signs her paychecks.

Also, hindsight is always 20/20 so I don't think it's fair or accurate to assume that we automatically win the game if Cassady starts. That is assuming that everything that happened to Engler would reverse for Cassady
I said PROBABLY BJ, and I stand by that. Her fielding error aside, Chase did an amazing job both Saturday and Sunday.

I have a strong feeling there were some legit reasons Julia and Kenzie were not available. Could have been health , could have been something else.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I heard Ole Miss won SEC softball tournament. One pitcher pitched every game for Ole Miss. That's every pitch, every inning.

4 games, 480 pitches. In 3 days, I believe.
I REALLY enjoy watching Ole Miss play
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I REALLY enjoy watching Ole Miss play
Finally, one of my alma maters that you like! Study
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Longwood goes to Tennessee for regional. I predict they be back in Farmville after 2 games in double elimination tournament.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Dalegarz1 wrote:The manner in which we lost was very disappointing. From the players perspective, some shoddy defense led to Longwood's runs. It started with Amador's misplay in left field. Although scored a double, it was clearly a ball she should have caught and was an error in my book. Add to that the errant bases loaded throw to home by Cassidy and we got what we deserved. Unfortunately we did not hit very well although credit should be given to their pitcher. From a coach's perspective the pitching decision was baffling. You don't pick the biggest game of the year to throw your number 5 pitcher because the opponent hasn't seen her. She's number 5 for a reason. You ride your horse who has the best stuff and most experience. There is definitely some explaining to do by DR. Although we've made significant progress in the win/loss category, the program continues to underperform as compared to the expectations set by their own coaching staff.
100% agree.Dot Richardson owes FlamesNation an explaination as to why a FR with limited experience started this game instead of the The BSC Pitcher of the Year. Even if there is a legit reason why neither Julia or Kenzie could start, it should have been Chase. If Chase starts this game, we probably win.
Longwood.............................. really? .......................................really?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I actually disagree that Coach Richardson OWES the fans and explanation of her coaching moves like we somehow are entitled to it. I mean I would like some insight into the impetus for the move, but I'm not going to sit here and think she has to explain the move to me. If anything, the only person she owes it to is the guy who now signs her paychecks.

I said PROBABLY BJ, and I stand by that. Her fielding error aside, Chase did an amazing job both Saturday and Sunday.

I have a strong feeling there were some legit reasons Julia and Kenzie were not available. Could have been health , could have been something else.
This I can agree with. She very well could take over as the #2 starter for us next year
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Watched Fsn32's report from the final..
Cassady rushed that throw home...sets and gets that throw on time they get the force at least I think
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It was good too see K. McFarland break out of her slump in the tournament. She went 4-9 (.444), with 4 RBIs. I have been told she "kills the ball" in batting practice.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
oldflame wrote:
Longwood.............................. really? .......................................really?
Yep, Longwood. Won BSC tournament 4 of the 5 years they've been in the BSC. Great coach! Last couple years had Megan Baltzer who was one of the top HR hitters in the nation, now a assistant coach, and they have very good pitching that keeps them in most every game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have said it before and I will say it again: Longwood should have never been admitted to BSC. All other BSC schools that play softball, shot themselves in the foot , by allowing LW in.. Softball is only sport that LW is good at. They have crummy facilities, and in reality ain't nothing much above a DIII school. BSC gained nothing by allowing them in. Now if they had football, I might feel different. I knew they would be good in softball.

If I had time, I would drive to Knoxville this weekend just to see LW get beat.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
There's no way that ball coach is a real person. This is all a whole troll show.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Oh he's real alright. I've come across his Facebook posts a few times and there's no doubt it's the same, real guy. And Cider claims to have met him. Or maybe he's Ciders alter ego? Hmm...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There are 3 schools within NCAA that I have zero use for: Longwood, Radford and JMU. All other schools I can normally find at least one positive thing to say about them. But not with those 3.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Plus, ballcoach hates UVa, so we can't be related. :nono
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
But believe it or not, I like UVA baseball. I actually pull for them except when they play LU or VT. 2 years ago when they won CWS, I went to their Welcome Home from Omaha ceremony.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Oh he's real alright. I've come across his Facebook posts a few times and there's no doubt it's the same, real guy. And Cider claims to have met him. Or maybe he's Ciders alter ego? Hmm...
No way he has a FB page
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There are 3 schools within NCAA that I have zero use for: Longwood, Radford and JMU. All other schools I can normally find at least one positive thing to say about them. But not with those 3.
What in the world do you have against Longwood? Did you get rejected by all the women there when it was the "State Normal School for Girls," or something like that?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I remember when it was all girls school. It is one of those schools I have never liked. When they joined BSC I liked them even lless
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:There are 3 schools within NCAA that I have zero use for: Longwood, Radford and JMU. All other schools I can normally find at least one positive thing to say about them. But not with those 3.
What in the world do you have against Longwood? Did you get rejected by all the women there when it was the "State Normal School for Girls," or something like that?
Your assuming he likes girls.....
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]