The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Update...game suspended after 4 innings. Will resume at 11 am tomorrow...So we have potential for 4 games (well 3.5) on Championship Saturday
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think championship will b moved to Sunday.

It pouring in Farmville now.
I on the way hom
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Have to wonder who benefits the most from this postponement, the winner of the suspended game, Liberty or Longwood.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Longwood - a rested McCarthy. She won the first two games and threw a lot of pitches.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If we lay off pitches out of strike zone, I think we be able to score on her. I watched her yesterday. She not that sharp.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
2-2 in the second. 2 run homer from Amber after Autumn doubled
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Amber Bishop goes deep again giving Liberty a 4-3 lead in the 5th
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We leave bases loaded in 4th. We pinch hit for a .300 hitter with a .085 hitter. I believe.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
3 HBP and 5 BB. Trying hard to give the game away. Thank God for the Bishops . . .can they pitch??
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Now down 7-4. Longwood has our number...grrr
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Pitching is not good today. I believe we lead nation in hitting batters in tight games.

Longwood is not a good hitting team.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Very embarrassing lost. 7-4. Amber Bishop goes 4-4. Remainder of the 3 for whatever I think.
We need to bounce back and beat Winthrop then beat Longwood. Got to throw strikes and hit the ball. Simple as that.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You don't have to be a good hitting team come the postseason time...sometimes all you need is good enough.

By the way BC, you do realize that some of the things you complain about cannot be accurately measured right? (even in this era of hyper-advanced metrics)
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Longwood is the hottest team coming into the tournament. Their bats have been silent most of the year but in the last 15 games their offense has exploded and they don't beat themselves with walks and HBP. They won 10 of their last 11 games, the only loss was the 7-6 come from behind by LU.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have seen I believe 35 LU softball games. If I post about softball it's fact unless I give a disclaimer.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We get the win over Winthrop 9-3. Interesting that Stephenie Marlowe pitched the last 2 innings. She had only pitched 6 innings all year. Didn't hurt us in this one, but once again we ran ourselves out of 2 or 3 innings with over-agressive base running. :banghead

If I understand it correctly, we now need to beat Longwood twice to win the tournament. Tall order, considering we are 1-3 against them this year and the 1 win was a borderline miracle.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It was not pretty but it's a win. Marlowe looked good. 2 innings 1 run, 2 hits. And no walks or hit batters.

Be interesting to see who starts next game.
First pitch at 7:30.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The nice thing is the if necessary game (if the updated bracket is to be believed) will be tomorrow afternoon so We don't have to overextend anyone tonight just to pull this off.

Update: Looks like Marlowe will also get the ball in tonight's game. Softball is a different game I know but we had three pitchers who have not made an appearance this week before Marlowe's entrance against Winthrop, so this should be an "all arms on deck" moment for us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
As an aside the Ole Miss players are not unattractive
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:As an aside the Ole Miss players are not unattractive
Shouldn't you have put that in the football thread?
:D
LSU

We lose 4-0, pitched good enough to win, but as wa[…]

No team should get a bye. Not fair. Everyone shoul[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Unless Trump is suddenly a NY resident again, I […]

Liberty Campus "protest"

Same trans as has been happening in secondary scho[…]