The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My guess is Julia will be back in the circle after not pitching at all Saturday or Sunday unless she is hurt
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Purple, that's a good one.
I do my best
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:My guess is Julia will be back in the circle after not pitching at all Saturday or Sunday unless she is hurt
First of all, that is not accurate. Julia pitched 3.1 innings in the first loss to Longwood and 5 innings and was the winning pitcher against Winthrop Saturday. She has not pitched since.

There is no way the decision to not go with her Sunday was due to her being overworked. She has thrown WAY more pitches in a weekend series during the season. Either she was hurt or it was something else. Hard to imagine she was injured to the point she could not go with an NCAA tourney bid on the line Sunday, but will be able to pitch tonight. If she is on the mound tonight, I would lay money that there was another reason she did not pitch in the last 2 games of the BSC tourney. Also a HUGE cooincidence that Kenzie also was not available to pitch in those same 2 games, despite limited work earlier. Strange.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe we went with Engler on Sunday to give LW a "different look". If I recall we did this early in the season against someone.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:There are 3 schools within NCAA that I have zero use for: Longwood, Radford and JMU. All other schools I can normally find at least one positive thing to say about them. But not with those 3.
What in the world do you have against Longwood? Did you get rejected by all the women there when it was the "State Normal School for Girls," or something like that?
Your assuming he likes girls.....
Well he said he met his wife at Country Cookin...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I met a lady at Country Cookin, we went out a few times, before things were terminated. ( but we still talk about once a week)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Did you just assume that persons gender?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe we went with Engler on Sunday to give LW a "different look". If I recall we did this early in the season against someone.
IMHO it's only a slight stretch to compare that to Belichek starting a rookie instead of Brady in the Super Bowl to give the defense a "different look" I don't buy it. If that is actually what happened, I think DR should pull a Danny Gathers and present her Coach of the Year award to Kathy Riley of Longwood.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope to get some "G-2" tonight on Sunday's pitching . Assuming everyone was healthy, DiMartino or Cassidy should have started.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope to get some "G-2" tonight on Sunday's pitching . Assuming everyone was healthy, DiMartino or Cassidy should have started.
I agree, except to add that there are other reasons a player could be "unavailable" besides injury. Cassidy was obviously available, because she ended up pitching most of the game. Julia and Kenzie obviously were NOT "available".
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Looking at Julia's stats against Longwood - in 3 games: 14 IP, 19H, 9R and not counting BB and HPB. Kenzie not any better.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Looking at Julia's stats against Longwood - in 3 games: 14 IP, 19H, 9R and not counting BB and HPB. Kenzie not any better.
Those numbers are not great, but they are not horrible with the relatively small sample size. Not a reason IMHO to dump your 2 top pitchers who were POY and all-conference based on a season's body of work and go with an untried FR in Engler because Longwood "has their number". I certainly hope not. I tend to believe there is another reason.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Did you just assume that persons gender?
Are you triggered?
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]