The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Beginning this year, NCAA softball will now have a national Invitational Tournament similar to what basketball has had for years.

LU is being considered as a Host Site. But hopefully we will win BSC and go to NCAA tournament, win regional and host Super Regional.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
For us to host a Super is a bit of a longshot I think because itd take a couple upsets for that to work out in our favor
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I din't disagree but the NCAA does have certain protocols in place for how they set the bracket and the Super regional as Im sure you are knowledgable
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This is true, but JMU and LSU were both seeded and JMU happened to be higher. We likely will not be seeded so it'll take a little more to fall for us to host a Super.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hear we will get invitation to this tournament. Not know if we will accept.

On one hand I think we should to gain valuable post season experience.

On other hand I think we be better off not touching a ball for a couple months or until school starts back in august.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hear we will get invitation to this tournament. Not know if we will accept.

On one hand I think we should to gain valuable post season experience.

On other hand I think we be better off not touching a ball for a couple months or until school starts back in august.
You ALWAYS take the opportunity to play and gain experience
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We host. Iona. Campbell. Ohio. and UNC Wilmington come to LU. We play UNC W first game. Iona plays Campbell with winner playing Ohio I think. No sure of bracket format.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope local media covers this tournament better than they did BSC tournament. I don't think channel 13 or NewsAdvance had a presence there any of the 4 days. Even for championship game yesterday, no media.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Softball Selection Committee makes some strange decisions. But I like their decisions 99% of the time. I was thrilled JMU did not get to host a Regional. Only wish longwood had got sent to Oregon, instead of Tennessee.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Softball Selection Committee makes some strange decisions. But I like their decisions 99% of the time. I was thrilled JMU did not get to host a Regional. Only wish longwood had got sent to Oregon, instead of Tennessee.
I know you are saying that because of your dislike of Longwood, but have you ever been to Oregon this time of year? It's nice. REALLY nice. You can send me there any time you want.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
oldflame wrote:Do we know who we are playing in the final yet?
According to the athletics website we are playing Ohio at 1:00.
After Kenzie and Julia shut them out yesterday, I wonder if Dot will stick with her announced plan to go with Chase. At this point, they all look like good options.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Any word on the 4:00 game? Is it a go or rained out? :rainy
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been constantly checking on that all day. Latest thing I see is, it's a "go". But Weather Channel says rain , rain and more rain, for Lynchburg.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]