The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Longwood comes to LU for end of regular season for Flames. Need 1 win to lock up #1 seed.

LU's RPI is 79.
Only 4 teams in the nation have more road wins than LU's 12.
LU is #20 in nation in batting average.
Amber Bishop is 17th in the nation in RBIs with 50.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Longwood comes to LU for end of regular season for Flames. Need 1 win to lock up #1 seed.

LU's RPI is 79.
Only 4 teams in the nation have more road wins than LU's 12.
LU is #20 in nation in batting average.
Amber Bishop is 17th in the nation in RBIs with 50.
Anyone have any idea why Longwood has struggled this year? They have been the best team in the league for at least 2 years and were picked to win it again, but they are just 7-7 in BSC and well under .500 overall. campbell is still hanging in there only one behind us in the loss column, but we own the tiebreaker since we took 2 of 3 from them. They also had a game cancelled, which means they will max out at 16 wins if they sweep this weekend.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been told Longwood can't hit this season. I think Campbell has 5 losses. They had 4 before losing one game last weekend if my memory is correct.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Yes, lack of offense and McCarthy, who's been the best pitcher in the BSC for years and was preseason Pitcher of the Year, was on the shelf earlier in the year and is just now getting back to form. Gay and McCarthy, when healthy, are the two of the better pitchers in the league. Their team ERA is as good as ours but lost their big hitters from last year's team and that's why they have a losing record.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Watching the game on TV, and they suddenly switched to an episode of the Munsters. :dontgetit :banghead :frustrated
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We lose it 3-2. This one has to sting. Julia deserved better and all 3 runs were technically unearned, but she also gave up 4 key hits to Mendoza-line batters. 2 more tomorrow.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Very bad performance. I am at a loss for words to describe our play.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We give opposing batters too good of a pitch to hit on 0-2 and 1-2 counts.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Or maybe you could turn the mirror around and just acknowledge that a decent hitter can make something out of even the best pitch.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
2-0 Longwood. We have blowed several scoring opportunities early.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
4-0 Longwood bottom of the 5th. Very frustrating for me to see Dot trying to make DiMartino into a one woman pitching staff when she clearly does not have the stamina to do it. We had our best run of the year with Julia and Kenzie splitting the innings almost equally, and they were almost equally effective.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Just when it seemed hopeless, down 6-0 in the 6th against their ace McCarthy, we rally for 6 runs to tie it. Now FR Elizabeth Engler needs to hold the fort.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Engler loads the bases with 2 outs in the 7th, and guess who is back in the game......DiMartino. I have to confess I don't understand the substitution rules in college softball. She gets a popup to end the inning.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins in bottom of 7th. Click hits bases loaded single with 2 outs
2 hitters struck out with bases loaded..

We got a favorable call on check swing just before game winner.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We load the bases with nobody out in the bottom of the 7th and then the next 2 batters strike out, but Jasmine Click gets an infield hit to win it and clinch the #1 seed!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Coach Dot took one for the team: a bad throw hit her in the wrist when she was in the 3rd base coach's box. Lady Flames WIN! :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If ball had not hit her I think we would have scored on play.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Friesen gets the game 2 start and works through some trouble to pitch a scoreless first inning.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 3-0. Other than 2 hits by Robertson we did not hit good at all. Between now and tournament we need to get healthy. Also need bottom of lineup swinging the bat good. Need to get pitching staff back on track. Gave up too many hits to Longwoods weak hitters.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]