The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We lose 3-0. Other than 2 hits by Robertson we did not hit good at all. Between now and tournament we need to get healthy. Also need bottom of lineup swinging the bat good. Need to get pitching staff back on track. Gave up too many hits to Longwoods weak hitters.
Looks like Longwood has gotten themselves back on track. This could easily have been a sweep. They will be a factor in the tournament for sure, and will probably be the #3 seed.

Agree that the 7 and 8 hitters are a weakness. Click is pretty much a second leadoff hitter at the 9 spot and is very solid. Part of this can be solved if Autumn Bishop can resume catching duties, which would enable us to put a better bat at DH, replacing McFarland in the lineup. The other side of that is that I think Dot likes McFarland's defense and how she handles the pitchers.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would like to see Autumn back catching. But I don't think it will happen. 7 and 8 spots take too many strikes then swing at bad pitches. Need to be more aggressive early in count.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
If Autumn cannot go back to catching this year, we are pretty much stuck with McFarland in the lineup. I'm surprised we do not have a better hitter than See or Harris who can play 1b, but that is also a very important position defensively, so you can't just put anyone there because they can hit.
By Dalegarz1
I expect the finals to be LU and Longwood. We will have our hands full and MUST play better defense.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We must pitch better also. In 3 games, Longwood had 25 hits and scored 12 runs. They scored more runs in first game than I thought they would have scored entire series. This is a team with I believe, 1 hitter with a .300 average. Most of lineup hits barely over .200 or below. We gave up entirely too many hits to a bad hitting team. That must be corrected.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on April 27th, 2017, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Do you actually look up teams or do you just spout off and expect what you say to be taken as gospel ballcoach? Just a cursory check of the stats and they have 3 players who played all 47 games in their starting lineup, 6 of the top 9 hit better than .200 with 4 of them over .250. It is true though that they only have 1 .300 hitter I will give you that, but a good portion of their roster missed some time over the course of the season, including McCarthy their top pitcher. The world does not revolve solely around Liberty, just in case you forgot
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I go by the averages posted on scoreboard as each girl came to bat. Lot of hitters between .100 and .200. Now granted a couple probably raised their average vs. LU.
Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]