The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:GW is 12-25-a sweep is in order.
I would love to see us keep the scoreless string going. Another shutout series and I suspect there will be some attention on a national scale.

As great as these young players Dot has recruited are, I think it's pretty cool that the one holdover from the Wetmore years may be this team's MVP. Things really started to click when Dot put the ball in Kenzies hand and made her the co-ace along with Julia. No offense to our other pitchers, but I will be just fine if nobody else takes the mound the rest of the year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am surprised at how well she's pitching. At start of season I said She was our 5th best pitcher

We may be only team in nation with 5 different pitchers having wins.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
After really being our third or fourth pitcher at times and even being moved to another position, she is in line for Pitcher of the Year Im guessing (although Morrow from Radford has more wins). SO great to see her doing so well in the circle.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am surprised at how well she's pitching. At start of season I said She was our 5th best pitcher

We may be only team in nation with 5 different pitchers having wins.
While true, that mainly shows how Dot has tried everyone she has in looking for someone to give us that second pitcher along with DiMartino. Of the other 3, only Marlowe has pitched well, and I can only assume she has some sort of injury because she has pitched so little. Cassidy and Engler have been ineffective, with ERAs of almost 5.
By Dalegarz1
Old Flame wrote: As great as these young players Dot has recruited are, I think it's pretty cool that the one holdover from the Wetmore years may be this team's MVP. Things really started to click when Dot put the ball in Kenzies hand and made her the co-ace along with Julia. No offense to our other pitchers, but I will be just fine if nobody else takes the mound the rest of the year.

I couldn't agree more. Kenzie has been spectacular and now we appear poised to dominate BSC.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ladies are leading G-W 1-0 after 3. I'm posting this mainly to say that those 3 scoreless innings by DiMartino put our streak at 38 2/3 innings, breaking the program record of 38. Amazing work by Julia, Kenzie and our defense. :bowdown
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
5-0 with G-W batting in the 6th
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
4 straight games with a shutout and the innings have gone over 42 with today's win
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That's right ballcoach...I should have said 4th straight conference shutout
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Scoreless inning streak is over. Some #6 or 7 batter just hit one over opposite field fence.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
44 innings without allowing a run. We still lead 2-1, and the more important streak of 10 straight wins is still alive.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
"Some #6 OR 7 batter" does have a name BC...Megan Champion to be precise...2-1 Liberty through 2 in game 1
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Looks like both Bishops are inactive - Autumn out for the last month because . . . . . ? Amber out today because . . . . ?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
One of them was under the concussion protocol if I remember correctly.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:One of them was under the concussion protocol if I remember correctly.
That would be Autumn. She tried to play after about 10 days, but had a bad response to the lights and crowd noise. They are clearly taking no chances.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]