The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Radford comes to LU this weekend. Single game Friday at 7:00. DH Saturday at 3:00 and 5:00.

Hopefully we will have huge crowd for all 3 games. Weather forecast is good.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Good guys up 5-1 in the 5th after putting up a 4 spot to break up a pitchers duel. the Highs with 3 errors on the night so far
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins 5-2. DiMartino had 8. Ks. Zavodny had 2 hits. We did good job clutch hitting
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU scores 4 in bottom of 7th. Wins 6-5. Emily Sweat hit walk off 2 run single.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 11-2 in 6 innings. I believe this was worst game we have played this season.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I have seen worse BC...Radford has proven to be a thorn in our side on an almost yearly basis so Im glad to get a series win this weekend
By Dalegarz1
We were fortunate to get a series win. Game one of the doubleheader was handed to us by some really poor defense by Redford in the last inning. We are giving up too many runs and the depth of the pitching staff concerns me.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We have depth but it's not used right. In conference play we need to ride DiMartino and Cassidy. Both can be shut down starters.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We have depth but it's not used right. In conference play we need to ride DiMartino and Cassidy. Both can be shut down starters.
The problem is they are not "shut down" starters. They gave up 18 runs to Radford in 3 games!! Cassady has walked a ton of people and hit a ton more and gives up more hits than innings pitched. Di Martino gets hit at times and also can't consistently find the strike zone. With a lack of power and average defense we are missing a real shut down starter like any top 50 team has. IMHO.
By Dalegarz1
I agree with Chippy! We will go as far as Di Martino can take us. Although not a dominant pitcher, she gives us the best chance to win. Cassidy has had control issues since she stepped on campus.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have seen teams win WCWS with basically one pitcher. If we can cut down on BB, HBP and serving up HRs, we will be OK. Against the better teams in BSC, we need DiMartino in game 1, Cassidy in game 2, and bring back DiMartino in game 3. Granted, you want to win every game, but give the other 3 pitchers innings against non conference opponents, and the weaker BSC teams. I would like to see Marlowe get more innings.

It was interesting watching Florida and Auburn on TV last night. The Gators won 7-0 .
By Dalegarz1
by ballcoach15 » March 27th, 2017, 8:47 am
I have seen teams win WCWS with basically one pitcher. If we can cut down on BB, HBP and serving up HRs, we will be OK. Against the better teams in BSC, we need DiMartino in game 1, Cassidy in game 2, and bring back DiMartino in game 3. Granted, you want to win every game, but give the other 3 pitchers innings against non conference opponents, and the weaker BSC teams. I would like to see Marlowe get more innings.

I agree with that pitching strategy going forward. In fact, Dimartino can also be used in relief of Cassidy in game two, if necessary.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]