The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We play Rhode Island, St. Francis and NC Central . Friday-Sunday. After 19 games on the road, it will be good to play at home.

Weather forecast for weekend isn't ideal softball weather. I hope forecast improves.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
NIce to see the bats wake up in a big way. hopefully they can get the sweep with a win over the Red Flash tonight
By Dalegarz1
If this turns into another loss, it will be very disappointing. Something is amiss. Either the talent is not at the level that DR indicated (to many of us personally) or the coaching is not at the level we hoped for. One thing is clear, our pitching staff is not on an elite level. We may do pretty well in the BSC but the NCAA's seem like a stretch.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We win game 2 vs Rhode Island 10-6. Autumn Bishop hit her first career home run. Stephanie Marlowe pitched final 4 innings in her first appearance of season to get the win. After a Rocky first few batters she settled down and retired last 10 hitters in a row. It was cold.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference our pitching: I have seen 14 games so far this season. All our pitchers have looked unhittable in some innings, and get hit as if they were throwing slow pitch in other innings. Once weather warms up, I think we will be ok . In the 2 Florida tournaments, pitching was good. If we can shut down Florida Gators, we can shut down anyone.
Whether people believe it or not, Umpires have been instructed by NCAA to "make pitchers throw ball down the middle of plate", in order to get more offense in the game. If anyone doesn't believe this, go to a game and sit behind home plate. normally pitchers are taught to "hit the corners of plate". Most umpires no longer give the pitcher a strike on a pitch that catches the corner. Basically the entire ball has to be over the plate. Most pitches at waist level are called "ball".
By Dalegarz1
Once again, if umpires have been instructed to tighten up the strike zone, that's for both teams. If you're right about the strike zone Ballcoach, why haven't we adjusted as well as other teams. Coaching? Talent level? Coincidence (excuse my theology)?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You can't treat every opponent on our schedule like University of the Sisters of the Poor and Blind ballcoach...there are schools out there that...here's a shocker...are actually pretty good...maybe not SEC level good, but still pretty good. You can't put everything on umpiring
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Bj. I will admit that I expect to win most every game. But I not put every loss on umpires.
:BS at best you always put a portion of every loss on umpires and referees
By oldjock
Registration Days Posts
It doesn't matter what the umps are calling we should kill everyone in the tournament. Rhode Island and NCC are Rec teams. I've never seen so many errors on all teams even though they are scored hits on the scoreboard.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins 11-1. Sarah Robertson had 3 doubles and 4 RBIs. Chase Cassidy had 10 Ks. 9 in first 3 innings.
Good to see Taylor and Zavodny both in lineup. I thought our lineup today was strongest all season.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]