The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
1. Longwood
2. Liberty
3. Campbell
4. Charleston Southern
5. Radford
6. PC
7. Winthrop
8. Gardner Webb

Someone from Campbell was preseason Player of Year, and a Longwood pitcher was chosen preseason pitcher of year.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
"the coaches voted Campbell senior Amber Schisler (San Diego, Calif.) the conference’s Preseason Player of the Year and Longwood senior Elizabeth McCarthy (Dunnsville, Va.) the league’s Preseason Pitcher of the Year."

That is not good news for Longwood opponents. I think Sydney Gay, Longwood sophomore, is better than her. Gay is ranked 34th in the top 50 pitchers in the country in the latest FPN poll.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I agree. Gay is a better pitcher than McCarthy. I believe every time I have seen McCarthy pitch, she got knocked out early and Gay came in from bullpen. She must pad her stats vs, weaker teams.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
McCarthy is still a very good pitcher. Longwood doesn't play many weak non-conference games. She held LSU to 1 run... that's a pretty good day.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I viewed the FPN Poll. Florida Gators have 3 of the top 4 pitchers in nation.

For the record, I question some selections on that list.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
that's a problem in softball. a great team can have one great pitcher and have them pitch everyday. Weird that it doesn't hurt their arms... Ballcoach...why is that? Seems like a pretty violent movement to me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It's actually a more natural arm movement than pitching overhand. Although you are seeing an uptick in injuries for various reasons
By Dalegarz1
by Purple Haize » January 30th, 2017, 2:44 pm
It's actually a more natural arm movement than pitching overhand. Although you are seeing an uptick in injuries for various reasons

I spent several years as softball pitching and the reason for an increase in arm problems is the emphasis on throwing a variety of breaking balls. With the windmill motion is takes a lot of torque on the arm to throw a drop or a drop-curve.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz- would the torque have to come from the extra wrist action as with the baseball curveball?
By Dalegarz1
by BJWilliams » January 30th, 2017, 6:48 pm
Dalegarz- would the torque have to come from the extra wrist action as with the baseball curveball?

That's exactly right. In order to throw a drop (not a peel drop) a windmill pitcher must snap her wrist so that the palm is facing the ground upon release.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Dalegarz- would the torque have to come from the extra wrist action as with the baseball curveball?
Are you considering trying out as a pitcher on the women's softball team? I bet if you tell Dot that you "identify" as a woman she just might give you a shot :D
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ha...I can't get the timing and footwork to do fastpitch softball
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Ha...I can't get the timing and footwork to do fastpitch softball
So you're saying if you could you would? :shock:

Just kidding BJ
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Ha...I can't get the timing and footwork to do fastpitch softball
So you're saying if you could you would? :shock:

Just kidding BJ
There's been a lot of changes in the Law. I think BJ could get away with it
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]