The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU beats Morgan St 9'1. Amber Bishop had 2 hits including long home run. Autumn Bishop had 3 hits including 2 triples. Emily Sweat. And Amador had2 hits including triple. Engler pitched all 6 innings allowing 3 hits and striking out 4.
For the weekend LU scored 47 runs and gave up 6, winning all 5 games.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Excellent start! The Bishops appear to be the real deal.
Batting in the 3 and 4 spot tells you something - something this team has been missing for the last couple of years. Hopefully the team can continue to excel when we start playing the P5 schools.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
They combined to go 18-32 with a home run, 14 RBIs (or is it RBI...Im never sure...) and Autumn scored a mind boggling 10 runs on the weekend (2 runs per game)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It appeared that the better the pitching, the better they hit. I thought the Morgan State pitcher who started was the best pitcher LU faced.
Amber played a good shortstop. (1 error I believe). Autumn was catcher, threw 2 runners out to kill a rally, if my memory is correct.

The Freshmen Class had a good debut;

.509 BA (28-55)
22 RBI

Freshman pitcher, Elizabeth Engler, went 2-0 with a 0.00 ERA, 7 Ks in 10 innings, allowing 5 hits.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
The catcher can pound the ball and has one of the best swings you will ever see. She had 3 passed balls and 2 throwing errors in one weekend, one that broke up the shut out in the last game. Last years total, 4 errors (2 throwing) and 5 passed balls. Will have to see how that plays out.

This weekend was a good stat builder, but, it won't be what they will see against the big south top teams or over the next 2 weekends. The talent level is much higher and they should compete for the BS this year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The schedule certainly gets tougher the next 3 weekends. We will play 3 of top 10 teams in the country in UCLA, Oregon and Auburn.

The 2 throwing errors by catcher were just freak plays.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

At 6'9" I wouldn't be surprised if he were th[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]