The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
23 players on roster
8 freshmen
2 players from 2016 not on roster who would be returnees (Mabry/Wood).

Should be much improved lineup.
By Dalegarz1
We thought the lineup was "much improved" last year as well. This is a pivotal year for the program to take the steps to the next level. I'm looking for players who have heart and not just ones who are mechanically correct. We desperately need leadership from the players level. I also hope DR will continue as the third base coach.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It has been said for past several years that 2017 would be "the year". With Robertson, Reynolds, Zavodny, Amador, See and Taylor returning, a good freshmen class, along with other returnees, plus a good pitching staff, all the pieces are in place for a great season.
In past seasons we have had about 3 spots in lineup that were weak with the bat. Hopefully that will not happen this season. Also need to cut down (eliminate) errors in the outfield. An infielder will boot a ground ball from time to time, but routine plays in outfield should not result in an error.
I also hope DR remains the 3B coach. In this Saturdays fall tournament, I hope a lot of the freshmen play. I want to see what they bring.
Hopefully we can win BSC and host a regional, then a Super Regional.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
The lack of the long ball and average fielding will always be a problem for this team, that is unless the freshmen twins have a few HRs in their bats and we get people playing better defense.
By Dalegarz1
Truth be told, two years ago it was mentioned that 2017's roster would be "world series caliber". Although that would be tremendous, it would take a quantum leap. I agree with previous comments regarding poor outfield play and a lack of power in the lineup.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Most of the girl's in the lineup can hit HRs, but they need to do it more often. Hitting one every 10 games will not get by. We need someone in the 3 or 4 spot to have a big season with HRs and RBIs.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
So youre basically looking for a reincarnation of either Jessica Moore or Kelly Strickland?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:So youre basically looking for a reincarnation of either Jessica Moore or Kelly Strickland?

No
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]