The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I heard from good source, that LU will play in a tournament at UCLA, Auburn and Disney in Orlando come February.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They should watch out for the Gators....
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I heard from good source, that LU will play in a tournament at UCLA, Auburn and Disney in Orlando come February.
I hear Disney has a good team this coming year, they're just not any Mickey Mouse organization and they certainly aren't Goofy about their prospects of playing the Flames who could be the Cinderella team in the tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have no idea who we play at Disney, but it sounds as if there's a softball field there. I plan to go to Florida again to watch the opening games, but I not know if I want to fight Disney traffic.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Wide World of Sports complex ring a bell ballcoach?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:I hear Disney has a good team this coming year, they're just not any Mickey Mouse organization and they certainly aren't Goofy about their prospects of playing the Flames who could be the Cinderella team in the tournament.
:rofl
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Wide World of Sports complex ring a bell ballcoach?
Yet another d1ck post from you for no real reason.

Maybe it's time for another break from here for you.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Wide World of Sports complex ring a bell ballcoach?
Yet another d1ck post from you for no real reason.

Maybe it's time for another break from here for you.
Something about ballcoach just gets him riled up
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Smh...
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
About what? If anybody talked to you the way you talk to ballcoach you would be all up in arms.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
It's the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic which is played at Disney's Wide World of Sports. Parent worst nightmare.. charge $50 to get in, you walk for miles, and you pay Disney food prices. :)

Coach, if you stay in the right location, traffic is not an issue on that side of the park area. If you stay at Gaylord Palms, it's a 5 minute commute. It will cost you a small fortune... but, it is very close to DWWoS.

http://www.d9events.com/citrusclassic/cc/index_E.html

I am sure they will be back at the NTC tournament in Florida as well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach thinks anytime there are more than 3 cars on the road it's too much traffic :)
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Eighty wrote:It's the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic which is played at Disney's Wide World of Sports. Parent worst nightmare.. charge $50 to get in, you walk for miles, and you pay Disney food prices. :)

Coach, if you stay in the right location, traffic is not an issue on that side of the park area. If you stay at Gaylord Palms, it's a 5 minute commute. It will cost you a small fortune... but, it is very close to DWWoS.

http://www.d9events.com/citrusclassic/cc/index_E.html

I am sure they will be back at the NTC tournament in Florida as well.
Adult tickets are $17.50. Kids are $12.50. Far too expensive for college softball, IMO.

http://www.d9events.com/citrusclassic/cc/725053.html
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Is that 17.50 a day or entire Classic ?
Good question. I'm assuming that's the daily rate.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That's 52.50 for 3 day tournament. It better be some Top teams there from SEC, ACC and Big 12, in addition to Liberty.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like you guys might want to call the office and confirm that one but if that is the case, that is VERY expensive for a 3 day college tournament
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You all are a bunch of cheap skates. I think that is pretty reasonable especially considering its Disney
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I will be there depending on dates of that tournament and those of the Dot Richardson Classic and the Auburn tournament. Gonna be hard to get to all 3, but I hope to at least catch 2 out of 3. Also we have a California trip thrown in there somewhere.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It's disney guys. That's cheap!
It's also college softball. I wouldn't drive to Greensboro to see it for free.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Is that 17.50 a day or entire Classic ?
It's a day. Often times they will have a 3 day package at the gate which saves you a few dollars. I believe the NTC tournament was $10.00 a day or $20.00 for 3 days.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
thepostman wrote:It's disney guys. That's cheap!
It's also college softball. I wouldn't drive to Greensboro to see it for free.
Me neither but I don't think disney does anything cheap.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I past 3 years, I have driven to Florida 2 times, Alabama once, and South Carolina 4 times for college softball. I rather watch it than any other sport.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]