The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The nicest football fans I have met are Nebraska's , when they came to VT a few years ago.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Upon my initial view of schedule, I hope to make it to at least 33 of the games.
By Dalegarz1
That's a lot of games ballcoach! Since I'm about to put my house in Cornerstone up for sale, you'll have to keep me informed. I don't think I'll be watching any in person.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The nicest football fans I have met are Nebraska's , when they came to VT a few years ago.
Compared to VT fans, most fans are saints.

:)
By Dalegarz1
by ballcoach15 » December 14th, 2016, 9:59 am
Where you moving to ?

Have always lived in NJ but had a house in Lynchburg that I traveled to about once a month.
By Dalegarz1
The start of the season has been disappointing as we made little or no impact on the national stage. Now we have to hope that the final home series against Longwood will be meaningful. Even with that, we need more than a BSC championship to consider the season a success. An NCAA bid and a couple of wins in the tournament would be my parameter for success. Anything short of that.....?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would probably consider anything short of reaching Regional Finals a disappointing season. This team has potential. Just need to put all phases of game together. Too inconsistent.
By CarolinaBlue
Getting to a Regional is a process for a small mid major school like Liberty. It will take more recruiting classes like the last few and the development of them. We need more of the type of players like Autumn Bishop who have that fight and grit to get better and play at that level. Beating Florida would have helped recruiting but hopefully recruits will notice we played them tough. Each year the schedule has gotten tougher and that will help get them there. The team is young. The SEC, Pac 12, and Big 12 get the complete hitters from the start. Liberty doesn't have that yet. Not sure I would consider not making a regional a failure. ballcoach15 don't know if you noticed the umpire at the Auburn Thursday night game was only there that night which was not part of the tournament umpiring staff the rest of the weekend. That was a "feel good" night for Auburn and the strike zone was a shoe box. We looked tired at Auburn, maybe due to lots of travel the first 4 weeks. Liberty pitchers haven't had that kind of trouble throwing strikes all year. 5 games in Florida with 10 innings against Florida, Syracuse, Ball State, Etc.. had a ERA of under 1.00. The UCLA game was 3-1 in the 6th inning before a pitching change and we gave up 4 runs. It is a much improved team over last year. The inconsistent play is due to playing a mix of 4-freshman and 4- sophomore's with 2 juniors. We are very young. Just my humble opinion.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good post CarolinaBlue. Yes the Umpire on Thursday in Auburn, was a "hand picked" umpire, to force LU pitchers to "groove" ball . Auburn was in a hitting slump, and they needed some "live-batting practice".
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Good post CarolinaBlue. Yes the Umpire on Thursday in Auburn, was a "hand picked" umpire, to force LU pitchers to "groove" ball . Auburn was in a hitting slump, and they needed some "live-batting practice".
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Adam, Not sure if game was on TV or not, but try to find a replay of game and see for yourself.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Good post CarolinaBlue. Yes the Umpire on Thursday in Auburn, was a "hand picked" umpire, to force LU pitchers to "groove" ball . Auburn was in a hitting slump, and they needed some "live-batting practice".
Teams don't pick their officials. This isn't the 1950's
By CarolinaBlue
The Thursday night Auburn game was not part of the tournament. It was considered an extra game prior to the tournament. That umpire crew wasn't seen again. The Friday night game was completely different as Liberty didn't have as trouble throwing strikes. Coach Myers actually agreed 3-4 calls (Fridays Game) when the game was 4-1 in the 5th. College coaches absolutely will ask for CERTAIN UMPIRES NOT to return to there field. I am not saying the other four games were umpires but Thursday night was a "feel good" night for Auburn. Just my humble opinion.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You can ask for them NOT to be there but doesn't mean you get your wish
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would guess Coach Myers at Auburn is respected enough, to get a few "favors" if he asks nicely.

Thursday night, after the game , I did some research on the Umpire's previous assignments. I could not find any SEC games, or even ACC games, that he had previously worked. All were at "Mid-major" level.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]