The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Let's keep the softball discussion going! Who are the recruits coming in next year that could make an immediate impact?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I could see either of the twins making an impact
By Dalegarz1
Our outfield play was sub-par at times so 4 of the incoming Frosh can help shore that up. Third base is still a concern. I wonder if AT will move back to third and one of the twins be the new catcher. Either that or one of the twins plays third. I'm very anxious to see some Fall workouts. I just retired from my Math position so I should be around a lot more!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think all of the incoming recruits will be able to contribute from the start. The defense certainly needs attention. We make too many errors on simple routine plays.
Offensively, we need speed at top of lineup, and we need someone in the 3 or 4 spot to knock in a lot of runs. A few more home runs would also help. Losing Madison Kotchey this past season really hurt our run production.
I cannot wait to see fall workouts and fall schedule. Hopefully it will not be messed up by the weather like last season.
By Dalegarz1
We desperately need leadership! There are times when a "players only" meeting is appropriate. I know from many years as a player and coach that a coach's voice can become like "white noise".
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Madison Via a junior outfielder from Northside High School in Roanoke has committed to LU. She batted .540 this past season. Says Liberty is the school she's always wanted to play for.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Madison Via a junior outfielder from Northside High School in Roanoke has committed to LU. She batted .540 this past season. Says Liberty is the school she's always wanted to play for.
Is he related to Melanie Via who played of the lacrosse team this past year?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With the Commonwealth games in town this weekend, lot of good young talent will be running around. I hope coaching staff is visible. Excellent recruiting opportunities.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I see we have added a new recruit for 2016-17 season. Elizabeth Engler, pitcher from California. I am unable to find any stats, etc at this time .
By CarolinaBlue
She has good spin with drop and change being her best pitches. She throws in the low 60's and has effective movement. Played with a good travel ball organization (American Pastime Gold). She will help a already good staff that will get better and better with time. Hopefully, some freshman will make a impact with the bats. We need the hitting to get better. Hitting is making adjustments and no matter what year the player is, good hitters adjust and make pitchers pay for mistakes. imho
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I tried to find some stats on her, but was unable to come up with any. We need hitting 1-9 in lineup and a 3 or 4 place hitter have a monster year with HRs and RBIs. Hopefully we will not see a repeat of the performance we had in BSC tourney at Rock Hill.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
In the last Id say 10 years or so I really could only think of two hitters for us who really made pitchers "pay": Jessica Moore and Kelly Strickland. With Jessica, you were just about shocked if she DIDN'T pound one over by Dorm 28...she has the top 3 best home run seasons in school history, the top 2 totals in runs scored, 3 of the top 10 seasons in total hits, she has the third best number of triples for anyone NOT named Stacy Radulovich (Some of the older hags can go in the wayback machine for that name) and she has the most WALKS in a season in school history too. With Strickland...while she isn't all over the all time lists like Moore...she does have two of the top 10 home run totals in school history so if you missed with one and she got a bat on it...it was probably headed out.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]