The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Just watched DR give her synopsis of the 2016 season. As always, her enthusiasm and optimism came through loud and clear. So did her disappointment! It was refreshing to hear her say openly that they did not reach the level that was expected. I also think she implied that a lack of leadership was one of the missing qualities. Having the most errors in the conference is embarrassing. That, combined with an anemic offense at times produced a disappointing won/lost record and a dismal conference tournament showing. The problems have been identified! Let's see what the coaching staff can do starting this fall. I remain optimistic. Thoughts.......?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is refreshing to see her start calling out the team's deficiencies. Up to this point everything she has shared has been all about the dveelopment and building a championship caliber team. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.
She summed the season up good. Hopefully in 2017 the defense will be much better. This past season the infield was hardly ever set with the SS being out for extended periods of time throughout the season. Hopefully next season we can field a set lineup all of the season. The outfield puzzled me this past season. Entirely too many errors on routine plays.
As for the offense, we need to hit more home runs, especially with runners on base. Need some big RBI numbers. 1 nd 2 spots in lineup need to have high on base percentage. I'd like to see a good 'slapper" at top of lineup. It would help if we had a good left handed power hitter. With the wind favoring left handed hitter at LU softball field, this would be a big addition to lineup. I hope one of the incoming freshmen can fill this void.
We need to identify why "we left the bats in Lynchburg" when we went to Rock Hill for BSC tournament. It wasn't the fact that the pitching down there was overpowering. All those girls who we faced were average pitchers at best.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]