The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU plays Wednesday vs. Presbyterian at 730 in Rock Hill. Hopefully we will be at full strength and hose the Blue Hose.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am in Rock Hill. Winthrop field not a good venue for conference tournament. Very poor seating. Reminds me of a high school field. BSC could have done better. NCAA should not allow tournaments to be played on such a crummy field or facility.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Don't leave us hanging, ballcoach. Who does LU play next?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Don't leave us hanging, ballcoach. Who does LU play next?
Mental mistake. Thanks to flamehunter for. bailing me out.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I said it before, but we need to have DiMartino on the mound as much as possible without risking her health. The time is past to worry about possible hurt feelings on the part of other pitchers. With Julia on the mound we are as good as or better than any team in the BSC. Anyone else, not so much.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Lighting delay. CCU up 3-0.
Noad 3 run HR in first inning. I think she has more HRs than the whole LU team.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Julia started the game and gave up the 3 run homer before Ball came in in relief. She is by far our best pitcher, but is coming off an injury her Senior year in HS and just may not be physically able to carry the whole load at this point. Dot has tried coming back with her early 2 or 3 times and it has not gone well.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
She did not pitch that bad of first inning. Naturally walking the leadoff hitter hurt. The #2 hitter reached on an infield single to 2B. Then she got 2 quick strikes on Noad. Before the HR Noad should have been out on strikes, but umpires said she did not swing. She then hit a good pitch for HR to LCF. DiMartino did not pitch that bad of inning. She just had a couple bad breaks.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 8-0 in 5 innings. Worst game of the year for us. We get no hit by CCU pitcher. Looks as if we were still sleeping when game resumed.
I think we now play Radford at 2 p.m. Hopefully our bats will wake up . Of the 15 outs vs CCU, 10 were pop ups. Not good.

Losing isn't all that bad, in that we end up in another bracket. We can still make finals if we take care of Radford and I believe Campbell.
If we cannot beat those 2, long bus ride home,
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Radford has always given us fits, even back when they were the alpha dog in Big South softball
By oldjock
Registration Days Posts
Time for Dot and the family of coaches to go. Just because you are a great player doesn't make you a div I level coach. Work your way up and prove yourself like any other job.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Easy on the pitchforks and angry mob calling for Coach Dot's ouster. I can understand the disappointment in light of going 2 and out this week but this is a team of 85-90% freshmen and sophomores. We have some very good players coming back next year and we will have a good nucleus of juniors to lead the way this fall.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good post BJ. I am excited about the future. We should be better next season at every position. With returning players and at least 5 new recruits coming in, I expect to see a 40 win season next year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In 3 games in Rock Hill, we go 10-65, a .154 batting average, and score 5 runs, all against average (at best) pitchers.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:In 3 games in Rock Hill, we go 10-65, a .154 batting average, and score 5 runs, all against average (at best) pitchers.
Two of those runs were a result of a PC error and no hits.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]