The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
oldjock wrote:Time for Dot and the family of coaches to go. Just because you are a great player doesn't make you a div I level coach. Work your way up and prove yourself like any other job.
I will stay mum on my opinion if you are right or wrong on proving your self or if she is D1 level coach... but, the AD/HR would have a problem based on the results the past 2 years. Yep, haven't won a BSC ring.. but, they have done several 1st since many years ago, back when you only needed a few good players. Today it's a much different game and the player pool is MUCH deeper. They finished with a winning record and played a very challenging schedule at the beginning of the year... won every series except Longwood during the season... beat VT and VA at their house... most number of conf wins..
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are not far off. We had a freshman laden team this year. Future is bright.

Longwood beat Coastal 10-2 this morning to reach title game. Radford and Campbell playing now. I hope Campbell wins it all. LW and Radford I have no love for.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Longwood beats Campbell 10-0 to win BSC. I hope LW gets sent to West Coast for NCAA regional and are 2 and done.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, why so bitter about Longwood? Just because they don't have a football team?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have never liked LW. I can't believe BSC let them in. They water down an already weak conference.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The championship between LW and Campbell had an attendance of 140.

I bet traffic is still backed up heading out of Rock Hill.

140 is embrassing number for a championship. I hope BSC noticed this and takes corrective action.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The championship between LW and Campbell had an attendance of 140.

140 is embrassing number for a championship. I hope BSC noticed this and takes corrective action.
If the tourney had been in Lynchburg, there certainly would have been a bigger turnout for the games we played in, but if the same 2 teams had played in the final, the crowd would have been nominally larger only because Farmville is close and their fans have a history of traveling to Liberty because it's a "trip to the big city". Put Coastal in the final instead of Longwood and I suspect the turnout would have been about the same. Very few people at LU or in Lynchburg are going to bother going to see a softball game between 2 teams they don't care a lick about.

Nobody questions the fact that our facility is far superior to the one in Rock Hill. There is more to picking a tournament site. Rock Hill is centrally located and a shorter trip for many teams.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The championship between LW and Campbell had an attendance of 140.

That is funny stuff right there. :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was informed that BSC has a rotating schedule for hosting tournament. LU will host in 2020 or 2021.

BSC could do a better job of advertising tournament. The Rock Hill newspaper had no mention of tournament.

I also heard Wintrop has a better facility that most BSC schools. That is scary.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have never liked LW. I can't believe BSC let them in. They water down an already weak conference.
You have made it clear that there are schools you just don't like and you refuse to be confused by the facts, but Longwood has dominated softball in the BSC for the past 2 years. They obviously haven't watered down the conference in your favorite sport.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Softball is only sport they have done good in, but I still do not like them. If they went undefeated or not win a game, I would feel same way about them.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on May 16th, 2016, 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Softball is only sport they have done good in, but I still do not like them. If they went undefeated or not win a game, I would feel same way about them. I do not like their transgender coach or whatever she/he is called.
You have reached an all time low with that one. What has Kathy Riley done to you? She has been coaching at Longwood for over 20 years (19 as HC) and was a star in basketball at ECU, scoring over 1800 points and making it the final cut for the 1980 Olympic team in WOMENS basketball. I believe you owe this fine lady an apology, and I personally consider your comments about her to be offensive and not suitable for this forum.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I see you deleted the offensive part of your post ballcoach. Not enough IMHO. I will delete my post with the unedited quote of yours when I read an apology to coach Riley and the board.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:This should be discussed in person or over the telephone.
I live in the Dominican Republic. I'd be happy to visit VA and talk to you about this in person. Haven't been on campus in 5 years and would love to see all the new stuff. Just send $850 for the plane ticket. Western Union will do fine. 8)

The offensive remark was made in this open forum, so why shouldn't the apology be the same? However, if you somehow think you can explain or justify it, feel free to send me a PM. I'll read it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Liberty's motto is:

Politically Incorrect since 1971.

I do not support liberal agendas.
What does that have to do with coach Riley?

BTW the school's motto is "Building Champions for Christ".
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Softball is only sport they have done good in, but I still do not like them. If they went undefeated or not win a game, I would feel same way about them. I do not like their transgender coach or whatever she/he is called.
You have reached an all time low with that one. What has Kathy Riley done to you? She has been coaching at Longwood for over 20 years (19 as HC) and was a star in basketball at ECU, scoring over 1800 points and making it the final cut for the 1980 Olympic team in WOMENS basketball. I believe you owe this fine lady an apology, and I personally consider your comments about her to be offensive and not suitable for this forum.
This would be a ban worthy offense on most message boards.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:True. But there is also the politically incorrect since 1971, motto.
Let me give you some history on that. Doc was fed up with the political correctness thing, and pretty much as a joke, he had a sign saying "Politically Incorrect Since 1971" put up at the entrance to campus. That is the extent of it. It has NEVER been the motto of Liberty, and unlike the real motto, you will never see it on any official documents or promotions of the school. I may be wrong, but I think they have even taken the sign down.

Let's get back to Kathy Riley. What has she done to justify your insulting her on this forum?
By Jonathan Carone
Ballcoach,

Regardless of your view on liberal agendas, as a Christian, what you said was wrong and shouldn't have been said. It was a horrible representation of Liberty University and worse, Christians. The difference is us and the liberal agenda you hate so much is we are willing to forgive the action if you apologize for it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I apologize.

Let's get back to pitching and hitting for 2017.
"I apologize" is NOT an apology. It's what you say when you want to get people off your back without actually admitting any wrongdoing. . "I'm sorry I (state what you did) that was wrong" is an apology.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Longwood in NCAA Regional final vs. #7 JMU after beating UNC.
Congratulations to the Lady Lancers and coach Riley. They are a solid, veteran team and very well coached. There is a reason they have pretty much dominated the BSC for the last 4 years. Hopefully in another year or 2 we will be as good as they are now.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]