The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The DH with Marshall has been rescheduled to Wednesday, first game at 3:00.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the update...and let me guess...youre expecting nothing less than a sweep right?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It would be nice for a sweep, but I can live with a split, in this non-conference match-up.

Speaking of sweeps, when the Camels come to town this weekend, I expect the Flames to bring out the brooms.

Campbell is one of those schools that LU should own in every sport.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Weatherman struck out on this one. beautiful day for softball.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As it's raining here in Portsmouth and the system came from that direction...
By Dalegarz1
I'll take four out of the next five! Half way through conference schedule and it would be nice to go 10-2 or better in the remaining conference games. Freshmen are not freshmen anymore!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Go Herd! We are...Marshall!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose game 2 by score of 5-3. Did not look good in any phase of the game. Hitting. Pitching. Fielding.

I give the Herd some credit. They were best team to visit LU this season. But we still should have won at least one game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It would be nice for a sweep.
That's what Marshall said.

Weird play in the second game: the LU player squares to bunt and is hit by the pitch. The umpires literally got in a huddle with the rule book to figure out what to do. Then the head umpire called somebody on his cell phone.

After about a 10-15 delay, the umpires decided it was best to negate the pitch and go with a "do over" as if the pitch was never thrown. Can umpires do that?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't think that's permissible. The pitch had to be either a HBP, ball or a strike. I will look that one up.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Update:

It depends on where the batter's body was when HBP. If her body was in strike zone, it's not a HBP. If body was in batters box, it is HBP.

Sounds as if Umpires blew it.
By Dalegarz1
ballcoach15 wrote:We lose game 2 by score of 5-3. Did not look good in any phase of the game. Hitting. Pitching. Fielding.

I give the Herd some credit. They were best team to visit LU this season. But we still should have won at least one game.
Disappointed in our performance. Based on a conversation I had with DR before the season, it would seem that we are not playing up to expectations (at least hers). We still have a chance with a conference championship but we have to show more consistency in every facet of the game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I agree. At times we look lost on the field. Pitching letting us down in many games. When teams are putting "crooked numbers" on scoreboard, it's not good.

Last night we did not have our "best lineup" on the field. A couple of "bats" were on the bench. Now granted they could have injury problems. But there were 2 bats in lineup that had a .071 batting average if you added the 2 BAs together.

I know too many people associated with softball to get too negative on a message board. But we need to start looking like a D1 team, both pitching and hitting, (defense also)
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
It's possible that Coach Richardson isn't the savior many around here made her out to be.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Marshall 10 LU 5. We didnotcome to play first game.
The "didn't come to play" line is wearing a bit thin. It implies lack of effort, when the problem in most cases with this team is lack of experience/maturity with 18 FR and SO on the roster.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Marshall 10 LU 5. We didnotcome to play first game.
The "didn't come to play" line is wearing a bit thin. It implies lack of effort, when the problem in most cases with this team is lack of experience/maturity with 18 FR and SO on the roster.
Took the words right out of my mouth
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:It's possible that Coach Richardson isn't the savior many around here made her out to be.
I mean maybe/maybe not. She is only halfway through her 2nd year right? I think she deserves at least another year before we make any real judgments. That being said, there was a real improvement in her first year here vs. the former.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
adam42381 wrote:It's possible that Coach Richardson isn't the savior many around here made her out to be.
I mean maybe/maybe not. She is only halfway through her 2nd year right? I think she deserves at least another year before we make any real judgments. That being said, there was a real improvement in her first year here vs. the former.
This is her 3rd year, but the way softball works, It's really her first full recruiting class. They are talented, bit they are Freshmen.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Very impressed with the concessions, even if they had to warm water in a microwave for hot chocolate late in the game. And the cheese on the nachos was actually HOT.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote:
This is her 3rd year, but the way softball works, It's really her first full recruiting class. They are talented, bit they are Freshmen.
Thanks for the correction. I couldn't be sure what year she was in and I was too lazy to look. I still think they are performing pretty well from that abysmal year we had before she showed up.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I wasn't judging her performance. I was just saying that many here were quick to say she would save the program with little evidence to back those proclamations.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are 2 or 3 players away. Hopefully within the recruits coming in for next season, we will get those 2 or 3 players.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]