The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I can't figure it out. When we win we look good. When we lose we look bad. Pitching was great vs Sacred Heart. Only 1 bb with 13 is. With the bats we had too many pop ups.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU beats LaSalle 9-0. Cassady throws 2 hitter with 11 Ks. Taylor had 3 hits. Kotchey saw her first action of the season going 2-2 with 2 runs and 2 RBI.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
The inconsistency sounds like a young team which we are. Hopefully we will improve as the season wears on. If not, then we have good reason for concern.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Definitely a feast or famine bunch we are working with here...Im pretty patient with this team even with the up and down nature of the season so far
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Ballcoach's (again) mindless pronouncement aside, that was not a good result in the late game.

And to answer the other poster's question...I believe no.
Never in college, but she has coached youth teams to national championships.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Once game starts, coaching is the same regardless of level, whether youth leagues, high school , travel team, or college. It's 7 innings of softball.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Once game starts, coaching is the same regardless of level, whether youth leagues, high school , travel team, or college.
I coached T-ball and Little League for 3 or 4 years, but I don't think I'm ready to manage the Orioles. :nonono
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I could not manage a MLB team, but I could coach softball at any level. I was once in the running for a D1 job, but the AD got fired before I got my resume in. Thus my "connections" were gone.
By Dalegarz1
There are many "little things" our team does not do. Outfielders barely move from hitter to hitter (except for slappers). Some players use the "rocker" style base running incorrectly-foot should be on edge of base not the top to get a better push. When our players drop a ball they haven't been taught to pick it up with bare hand and not the glove hand. Little things add up to big things and separate the mediocre teams (with talent) from the elite.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We had 2 runners called out for leaving bag early. That's very seldom called in NCAA. I think it was bad umpiring, but maybe our technique with rocking start is bad, and it helped the umpire.
By Dalegarz1
The umpiring might have had something to do about it, however, not all our players use the same stance.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]