The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Weather looks good for Thursday. Rain for Friday/Saturday. Hope forecast is wrong.
By Dalegarz1
I'm coming down from New Jersey to watch the games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Could use clear weather and a sweep of all the games to get us going.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I've got DishNetwork, and this game is being broadcast on channel 24, WFFP.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ladies win 9-1 in 5 innings under the "mercy rule". Chase Cassidy gives up just 1 hit and strikes out 10.
By Dalegarz1
Nice win! TZ seemed to struggle in left field-dropped one and almost overran another. Chase needs to tighten up her control. There were too many pitches (rise balls and curves) that missed by a lot. Also, she will need to have an effective change up moving forward.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe she only threw one change-up all game. It appears to me as if catcher's target is "too high". I will watch that more closely today. When we keep pitches down in the zone, results are much better.

On the dropped fly ball. I believe there was a communication problem between LF and CF.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Nice win! TZ seemed to struggle in left field-dropped one and almost overran another. Chase needs to tighten up her control. There were too many pitches (rise balls and curves) that missed by a lot. Also, she will need to have an effective change up moving forward.

Agreed. Although I think this game was the fewest walks she allowed all year, considering she was walking 5+ per 7 innings, I would say 2 walks was a big improvement.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Probably a hitch in the motion somewhere. Who is the pitching coach again?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Probably a hitch in the motion somewhere. Who is the pitching coach again?
Her sister.
By oldjock
Registration Days Posts
ive never seen such poor outfield play at the college level. what the heck was Dot doing in that 8th inning? has she ever coached before LU?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We gave that game away in every way a team can give one away. Worst game of season. Maybe worst game of decade.
By Dalegarz1
Every outfielder made a big mistake (2 errors by LF and CF and throwing to the wrong base by RF). Another costly error by 3B.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach's (again) mindless pronouncement aside, that was not a good result in the late game.

And to answer the other poster's question...I believe no.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw every pitch of that game, and I still do not believe some of what I saw:

hitting
base running
fielding/throwing
pitching
coaching

We were down 4 runs in bottom of 8th, with 2 runners on. Batter bunts to move runners up. ???

The only positive, was pitchers threw more change-ups than normal.
By Dalegarz1
You're so right about the 8th inning strategy. Who is making those decisions 3B coach or DR. Did them a favor by giving them an out with two meaningless runners on base.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
No pop or power in this lineup. Pitching looks good but no run support gives us back to back extra inning losses. Again, why are we bunting a runner over from 2nd base when we're losing by 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th. It seemed like a planned sacrifice bunt versus a bunt for a hit.
By Dalegarz1
For the second night in a row, we give up an out to move a meaningless baserunner. Does anybody know the game?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
On the positive side, the Periscope feed was cool to watch for those of us away from the ballpark.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I'm a distant observer but I thought we'd be better by now. We look like a .500 team. Doesn't appear to be thecstrongest competition either.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]