The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Flames lose 7-2. A bad 4th inning done in the Lady Flames. UCF scored 5 runs on 5 singles, a HBP and 2 walks. UCF only hit ball hard on 2 of the hits.

For LU , Zavodny had a triple, Amader and McCoy had doubles, and Taylor had a single for LU's 4 hits.

Base on balls were a problem as LU pitchers issued a total of 7, though a couple were Umpire aided.
By Dalegarz1
Walks were a problem last year as well. I hope it's not indicative of things to come. You can't "catch" a walk. You have to trust your defense!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With the starting pitcher, most of the pitches "out of strike zone" were high. They need to keep ball down,

The first UCF run came on a HR on an 0-2 pitch. Which should never happen.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I wouldn't put longterm concerns to a season opener. Opening game jitters are common and it usually takes a squad a week or two to find their groove. You just hope you capitalize on others in same predicament.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I wouldn't put longterm concerns to a season opener. Opening game jitters are common and it usually takes a squad a week or two to find their groove. You just hope you capitalize on others in same predicament.
Especially when your starting pitcher is a freshman, and the first reliever out of the pen was also a frosh. We started 5 frosh and 3 sophs. They'll get better and hopefully the 2 frosh pitchers can get the jitters behind them.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We were also playing the #17 team in the country.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
She will. We are young, but the players are coming in. Give it another year, we will make some serious noise.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In first game yesterday, we lost 3-1. Had bases loaded in first inning and scored only one run, (on a throwing error ).

Pitching has been decent, but hitting is non existent.

2 projected starters are missing from lineup in Florida. (1B/SS)
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]