The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
So ready for the stick and ball sports...Nick did his last game of the season down in Charlotte so its all baseball now
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am ready to "skip" basketball and go straight into stick ball. Both baseball and softball should do well this spring.
By Dalegarz1
Great interview with Coach Dot! She can hardly contain her enthusiasm for this team. Picked 4th in BSC-I don't don't think so! Get on this train-it's the start of a great ride.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If everyone stays healthy, I expect LU to win the Big South, both regular season and the tournament . If we can knock off some of the "big girls", (Alabama, LSU, Baylor etc) we could might host a regional.
We were not that far away last season. The pitching and defense should be improved in 2016.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I seriously wonder how many of last year's starters will start again this year. Coach Dot's freshwomen were have been highly touted coming into this season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
From what I saw in the fall, we will have a new 2B, 3B and 2 OFs. Last year's 3b will move to C. Our depth should be greatly improved, and pitching staff much much better. I do not know who our Ace will be.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just saw the BSC Pre-season Poll. Many teams got at least 1 first place vote. It will be interesting to save the poll and compare it to standings at end of season.
By Dalegarz1
Going to find out right off the bat :-) if we're ready. Playing a UCF team that was 50-9 a year ago with some players back.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That is true, we face 2 big tests early, Central Florida on Feb 11th and Alabama on Feb 14th. It would be great to win those 2 games. Then perhaps we could get a little love over Longwood, Wintrop and those darlings from Coastal Carolina.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That is true, we face 2 big tests early, Central Florida on Feb 11th and Alabama on Feb 14th. It would be great to win those 2 games. Then perhaps we could get a little love over Longwood, Wintrop and those darlings from Coastal Carolina.
Love your optimism coach... The program made great strides last year, but, they are starting to play programs that have been at this level for a long time. These schools don't need to canvas the tournaments for top recruits, they are hand chosen. UTC & Stetson are going to be tough games as well. If they come out of the weekend 3-3 and compete in all 6 games it's a successful weekend.
By Dalegarz1
couldn't agree more! I'll take 3-3 right now. Very optimistic about our ability to compete at a high level.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Based on playing UCF and Alabama, 3-3 would be a good start to season. With a little luck, 4-2 might be possible. Everyone starts out 0-0.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Everyone starts out 0-0.
Ballcoach15 needs nominated for the 2016 Captain Obvious quote of the year.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]