The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Flames get #4 seed. Play Charleston Southern in first round . Getting 4 seed is impressive considerin we were picked to finish 8th.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU loses 4-3. Left tying run at 3B in 7th. We left too many runners on base. 12 in all I believe. We out hit CSU 10-4 and drew 8 walks. Tough loss.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to the postseason...where anything can happen
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
True. Hopefully we can beat Gardner Webb tomorrow then beat whoever we play next. longwood scored 13 runs in one inning to beat GW 15-2.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
interestingly enough we are .500 on the season overall, and finished the regular conf season at .500

huge turnaround in the program regardless- but would be nice to have another win or 2
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
a +18 improvement from last season to this isn't exactly a yawner either old man
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Anyway, error are killing us early. I encourage you all to mute the Big South Network audio and listen to Kevin Keys on play-by-play through the "Live Audio" link from the LU athletics website.

Rough start, but could've been a lot worse than just two runs. Need a better inning here.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty loses 7-5 to Coastal to end an impressive season with 29 wins, though getting caught at 3rd for the final out is a cardinal sin
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:a +18 improvement from last season to this isn't exactly a yawner either old man
Try to show respect to your elders. That's basic stuff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I think he said that, BJ.
Yes, but he didn't say it on Twitter or SnapChat, so who knows what he meant
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He said 30 wins would be impressive (which it would be I will agree). That said, 29 wins is nothing to sneeze at considering we had 11 last year (more than doubling their win total).
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man BJ, when you don't like somebody you are not shy about it. The guy annoys me too but that post didn't warrant being so harsh. I would think you were being sarcastic but I know you don't get sarcasm very well so it can only be assumed you meant every word.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The "old man" wasn't intended to be harsh (I don't really like to throw smileys/emojis onto the end of my posts just for the sake of making the appropriate emotional context).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Says the guy who gets upset when sarcasm is directed towards him.

PM coming soon I'm sure.
If you post like this :brownbag or this :batman he won't know who you are!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Yes, 30 wins would be impressive.
BJWilliams wrote:a +18 improvement from last season to this isn't exactly a yawner either old man
I saw no yawning. In fact, I'm pretty site there's no yawning in Softball!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My point is...these ladies made significant strides from Coach Dot's first year to her second. After only winning 11 games last year, Im sure a lot of the returning players were skeptical of whether or not she could take them to the next level. They went from there to almost tripling last year's win total, tripled the number of conference wins and saw a marked improvement from a fully healthy pitching staff (although I do wonder why Freisen wasn't getting as much time over the latter half of the year...CentFla or SoFla got any insight?) She gets Abby Tincher for 3 more years, plus we have 3 more pitchers coming in from this year's signing class and some very solid offensive players returning as well. 30 wins might be seen as a disappointment in 2016, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:My point is...these ladies made significant strides from Coach Dot's first year to her second. After only winning 11 games last year, Im sure a lot of the returning players were skeptical of whether or not she could take them to the next level. They went from there to almost tripling last year's win total, tripled the number of conference wins and saw a marked improvement from a fully healthy pitching staff (although I do wonder why Freisen wasn't getting as much time over the latter half of the year...CentFla or SoFla got any insight?) She gets Abby Tincher for 3 more years, plus we have 3 more pitchers coming in from this year's signing class and some very solid offensive players returning as well. 30 wins might be seen as a disappointment in 2016, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
And it's a good opinion. Making no one else's stated opinion any less valid. Because basically everyone is impressed with the turn around.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am hoping for a 40 win season in 2016. It's a good possibility if:

Get more production from corner outfield positions and DP spot in lineup.
Cut down on errors and walks.
Replace Allen and Robinson with good hitters.

I think pitching staff will be much stronger and deeper next season.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
Well... 2015 is done and the players performed admirably considering the number of freshman playing, tough opponents, and the injuries at the end of the season.

I am not sure I would be bold enough to predict many more than 30 wins next season, not because they won't be better. The reason is teams won't just walk in thinking they are going to crush LU like they have in the past. The loss of Kelby, Megan, and Jamie should not be underestimated. The leadership and experience those players brought won some games this season either by key at bats or ESPN highlight defensive plays. I do believe we will see better Big South Tournament results next year at the end of the season. This year there were some coaching mistakes, base running mistakes, and a few key errors at the wrong time. LU competed in every game and very easily could have won the 2 games they lost had the ball bounced a different way. There will be errors and walks, it happens at every level, just ask Tennessee (if you watched the SEC championship.. you understand this). It's minimizing the impact and taking advantage when the other team gives up an error or walk. Things we didn't do at the tournament this year.

One of the key differences this season.. Chandler Ball. Returning from an ACL injury is hard enough, she also had to learn 3 new infielders. She did her job and at times put the team on her back. I believe she lowered her ERA by 2 full runs. That's impressive and shows the kids determination to get better and Coach Cassady's impact on her pitching. Kenzie had a nagging injury towards the end of the season. She is an awesome kid and will not be outworked.

I won't make predictions for next year. They have 12 incoming freshman, we will have to see how many of them make the adjustments to learn the speed of the college game, learn that the coaches are nice on the recruiting trail.... those days are over, overcome the grind of daily practice and workouts, classes, their time is not... their time. If you have been watching the roster, college programs lose kids every season. LU included, I believe they lost 3-4 players this year alone.

Having 4 Freshman on the Big South Freshman team and Freshman of the Year bodes well for LU, not just because the Freshman did well... more importantly, LU is getting respect from the other teams and their coaches. We will have to see if all 4 return to LU for another season. Other opportunities open up at other schools and Freshman like these get noticed....
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]