The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Flames hit the road for a big series at Charleston Southern. A sweep would elevate LU to 3rd place in BSC standings. LU is 8-7 in BSC and CSU is 8-4.
We need to bring our "A" game this weekend, both pitching and hitting.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Or you could give credit to the CSU pitcher for an outstanding outing...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In reality that may be half true . but based on my scouting report we should have hit her more than we did.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That's all well and good, but a good pitcher (in baseball or softball) can either a) go against tendencies listed in said scouting report or b) just blow you away anyway. I think it was Mike Tyson who said (describing boxing), "everyone has a plan until they get hit." Its not always about Liberty every time...and you oughta give credit to an opponent who performs well instead of denigrating their perofrmance by solely focusing on Liberty.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Right or wrong I normally only give credit to LU opponents from ACC. SEC and Big 12, when we play those teams.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Right or wrong I normally only give credit to LU opponents from ACC. SEC and Big 12, when we play those teams.
That's up there on the list of dumbest things you think.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Right or wrong I normally only give credit to LU opponents from ACC. SEC and Big 12, when we play those teams.
That makes even less sense than your hated of music at games.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree with Jon...I mean, if Im out bowling with him and he beats me, which would be more respectful to him and his performance: Saying, "I did alright, but Jon had an excellent game himself...congrats to him on the win, maybe I will get him next time." Or..."I had my worst game, the ball didn't fit right, I wasn't reading the oil pattern properly...(insert additional excuses here)" and save my best comments for facing guys who compete on the PBA Tour (or are more active in competitive bowling)?
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Flames lose second game 5-0. Walks. killed LU, plus bats were silent .
LU had 6 hits and CSU had 6 hits.. but all 6 of LU hits were LOB. LU didn't hit when needed and CSU did. As mentioned, they converted walks and errors into runs and CSU gave up only 1 BB.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
:dontgetit CSU, LU, Longwood, Coastal, etc has kids that are good enough to play at those schools had the right opportunity presented it's self.. or the kid specifically chose to attend a faith based school... or they wanted to stay close to home...

There are plenty of Sun Belt, Big South, and Colonial conference teams that will beat ACC, SEC and Big 12 teams on a regular basis. I understand the mentality in football.. but, softball is much more conference ambiguous. As an example, It's only been in the past 5 years the SEC has competed for a championship.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
May as well post one more time... LU beats CSU 10-7 with 4 bombs, 2 coming from Kassidy McCoy, grand slam by Jamie Crisp and 1 from Megan Robinson.

A nice piece of trivia... they have now swept more than 4 Big South doubleheaders this year, that is the first time since 2000. (they now have 5)
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]