The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Flames open 9 game home stand today vs. Longwood. 18 of next 21 games are at home.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU drops first game 10-2. Sources tell me that plate umpire looked as if he was from Farmville. LU pitchers walked 8 batters . Longwood pitcher had no walks.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
That

Is

Ridiculous

You make us look pathetic (as a fan base) with the whining after every single loss
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There is a difference between whining and telling it like it is.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
we're down 7-0 in the bottom of the 5th now in game 2

Sources tell me it's because President Obama paid the home plate umpire to make our team play with more heavily weighted balls

also he is a satanist and put a hex on us.

plus they poisoned our pre-game meal
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
on a completely unrelated note: how many other BSOUTH teams can simultaneously televise both baseball AND a softball double header?

with multiple cameras, and replay?

in 2 top-of-the-line stadiums. Arguably among the best in the country in their respective sports?

oh yeah- NO ONE ELSE
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There is a difference between whining and telling it like it is.
This is Division I softball. You're making excuses and you look ignorant in doing it. We got beat. It happens.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
we score 2, now down 7-2 going into the top of the 6th

by the way: PAUL WETMORE calling the game with YORK

thats awesome
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have probably seen more D1 softball games than anyone on this board. There are some bad ball and strike umpires out there. I have seen them.

When umpire squeezes the strike zone it forces more groove pitches, and batters tee off on pitcher.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
DUDE I'M WATCHING THE FREAKING GAME RIGHT NOW

THEY ARE CRUSHING OUR PITCHING

WHY THE HECK AM I SHOUTING

OR ARGUING WITH SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
we are now down 8-2, bottom of the 6th

they had 2 runs on 3 hits and left the bases loaded- we're lucky they arent still scoring

we need pitching
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
we strike out to end the 6th

probably that SATAN music our kids "blare" over the PA system

gotta be the problem

God is punishing us
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
now down 10-2 , top of the 7th

I wonder if the 4 errors we've committed this game so far, or the 4 errors in game 1, had anything to do with anything?

nah. gonna stick with cheating and Satan
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
another moon shot to straightaway center.

2 run homer makes it 12-2 LWU
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have probably seen more D1 softball games than anyone on this board. There are some bad ball and strike umpires out there. I have seen them.

When umpire squeezes the strike zone it forces more groove pitches, and batters tee off on pitcher.
Maybe, but I covered softball for The Champion in my time at Liberty. If we were winning, the opposing crowd blamed the umps (notably Birmingham-Southern). Umpires do not win or the lose, its the ability of the team to rise above "bad calls," or injuries, or to just play the game and execute the game plan.

FWIW, Longwood has always had a decent softball team, and that area of Virginia does produce some good baseball/softball talent.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
You going to keep covering softball this in depth Medic? Maybe we can put you on the payroll. Plus your graphics thrown in? Talk about a home run hire.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have probably seen more D1 softball games than anyone on this board. There are some bad ball and strike umpires out there. I have seen them.

That's great. You've watched softball. I'm glad you enjoy the game.

Yes, there are bad ball and strike umpires out there. It happens in every sport. Good teams realize it and adjust. We're young. We're still learning how to do that.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm in MANSON.

Union scale tho
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:on a completely unrelated note: how many other BSOUTH teams can simultaneously televise both baseball AND a softball double header?

with multiple cameras, and replay?

in 2 top-of-the-line stadiums. Arguably among the best in the country in their respective sports?

oh yeah- NO ONE ELSE
The softball crew outside of Wetmore, York, producer and director was all students. Yes we are that awesome.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Longwood wins 9-0 in 5 innings . Longwood pitcher throws no-hitter.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
friggin' umps screwed us AGAIN

can you BELIEVE IT?

surely the walk-up music didn't help either
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:friggin' umps screwed us AGAIN

can you BELIEVE IT?

surely the walk-up music didn't help either

Play nice! :buttkick
2024 Recruiting Discussion