The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
Any predictions on the games this weekend?

LU's 2014 results: RPI #257; 11w-46l;

2/6 6:00 - LU vs University of South Alabama; 2014 results: RPI #20; 42w-14l

2/7 12:00 - LU vs Lamar University; 2014 results: RPI #212; 20w-30l

2/7 3:00 - LU vs Houston Baptist University; 2014 Results: RPI #210; 22w-28l

2/8 10:00 - LU vs University of Houston; RPI #47; 2014 results: 33w-23l

Updated... had UAB stats for USA... USA kicks off their season tonight against Alabama.
Last edited by CentFla on February 5th, 2015, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiwon wrote:The Flames had some big innings in there.

It seems that they have some scoring punch as compared to last season. Hopefully that will bode well for the rest of the season.
If I'm reading the thread correctly, we only won one game. And not against a really strong opponent
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:We did only win one game. Friesen and Tincher I kinda give a pass to, but Ball really should have done better as the senior on the staff (although I think she missed a lot of time as well last year)
This was Ball's first tournament back (excluding fall) from a season ending injury that occurred a year ago at FGCU. She will get stronger and more confident in her knee. The same goes for Friesen, first spring tournament back as well from a season ending injury last year.

There is no doubt pitching is going to need to improve to compete for a full 7 innings. Ball and Friesen are intense competitors and will put the work in. Will it be enough, only time will tell.
Indeed...but I wouldn't jump ship on the pitching after one tournament. like CentFla basically said, two of our three pitchers have not tossed in a game in almost a year, and the third is a true freshman. hopefully this weekend at Coach Dot's tourney will be a good confidence booster
With a little luck we could have gone 2-2 or maybe 3-1 in the tournament. We hung with 23rd ranked South Alabama until last 2 innings.
I was not there, but from reading about the game, the umpire squeezed the strike zone, resulting in 7 BBs. When this happens, too many pitches end up over the plate, thus aiding the hitters. This doesn't show up in box score always.
By Flames16
Hard to tell how my two favorite softball teams will do this season after this tourney. As an EKU fan they were the victim of a perfect game and lost to Lamar on the last day, but beat South Alabama.

Liberty on the other hand could also beaten USA and beat Houston Baptist.

I'm just glad the two didn't meet on the field as it would be a hard decision for me.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]