The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The schedule hasn't been posted yet, but I see on Florida's schedule, LU plays the defending National Champions on February 20th in Gainesville. LU also plays Kansas, Illinois State, and Mercer in Gainesville.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
February 6 - 8: Sand Dollar Classic, Gulf Shores, AL.
Friday 3:00 - LU vs University of South Alabama (RPI - 20)
Saturday 12:00 - LU vs Lamar
Saturday 3:00 - LU vs Houston Baptist University
Sunday 10:00 - LU vs University of Houston (RPI - 47)

February 13-15: Dot Richardson Invitational, Clermont, FL
schedule not posted

February 20-22: University of Florida Lipton Invitational
Friday 1:30 - LU vs Illinois State (RPI - 62)
Friday 6:00 - LU vs UF Gators (RPI - 1)
Saturday 12:00 - LU vs Mercer (RPI - 42)
Saturday 6:45 - LU vs Kansas (RPI 37)
Very tough schedule @ UF.

March 6-8: College of Charleston Classic
schedule not posted
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am just disappointed that we are not playing the three Houston area schools on opening weekend here in Houston.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just received an update on status of 2015 schedule. They are still "working out some things", thus they not know when it be released. Hopefully this means some of the "Big Girl's Teams" will be on schedule.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Should try to get some of them to Lynchburg!

Usually, teams all head southward in their early season schedule due to weather. Most of the best teams are in the South. What nationally recognized programs are there in the North?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Michigan is probably best team in the north. Some SEC and Big 12 schools are scheduled to visit LU in the next couple of years. I would think they'll come in April and May, even though they are in conference play at that time. Last year, Alabama came to UNC in Chapel Hill in middle of season, if my memory is correct. I went to game, but cannot recall when it was.
Most all teams do go south early in season. Softball season starts in February when it is still too cold in most of country.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Softball schedule has been released. I'm in the process of dissecting it now.

Home Opener will be March 19th @ 7:00 p.m. vs. Rider.

Among the "big girl" teams we play are: Arkansas, UCF, Florida, Kansas, South Carolina, Virginia Tech and Virginia. We play I believe 8 teams who made NCAA tourney last year, or maybe it's 8 teams in Top 50 RPI.

First 22 games are on the road down south.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:With season opener only about 32 days away, who do the softball gurus think will be our ace pitcher.
No guru.. but, casual observer of some of the fall games and last season.

1. Ball - started out great at FGCU before going down with an injury. Tenacious drive. She will come back stronger.
2. Friesen - fierce competitor and hard worker. She too lost time with an injury, but, she is an incredible athlete.
3. Tincher - needs work at this level. Not saying she can't do it, however, based on the fall she needs to pick up speed and movement. Time will tell.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Tincher has potential and the girl from Kentucky also.
According to the latest video/interview with Coach Richardson, the player from Kentucky did not return for the spring season.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The girl from KY is still listed on the roster.
She gone...

Anyone going to Alabama to see the first tournament?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I had planned to go, but I changed my travel plans and will now go to the tournament at University of Florida February 20-21. I had originally heard that LU was playing Alabama , but when schedule was released the Tide was not on it.
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: