The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone know when Fall Schedule will be posted ? I believe Coach Richardson told me there are 8 games on Fall Schedule.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I don't think the fall schedule is usually posted online. Occasionally, you might see a piece on a couple of fall matchups, though. Usually I think the only sports that post fall schedule are tennis and golf.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
BJ, it was posted last year on Flames website if my memory is correct. A lot of schools post fall schedule on top of regular season schedule on the schedule page.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Just looked...no sign of the softball fall schedule on the website....would not be a bad thing to add though
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I talked with Coach Richardson yesterday. I believe LU hosts a tournament September 27th, and goes to Botuerate (mis-spelled) for a tournament, can't remember date.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
Fall Schedule Information -

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 21&TeamID=

Sept. 27, 2014
Liberty Softball Stadium (Field 1)
Liberty vs. Grace College – 10 a.m.
Grace College vs. Lynchburg College – Noon
Liberty vs. Randolph College – 2:30 p.m.
Lynchburg College vs. Belmont-Abbey – 4:30 p.m.
Liberty vs. Lynchburg College – 7 p.m.

Liberty Softball Field (Field 2)
Randolph College vs. Belmont Abbey – 11 a.m.
Belmont Abbey College vs. Grace College – 2:30 p.m.
Randolph College vs. Grace College – 5 p.m.

Oct. 4-5: Virginia Fall Collegiate Military Appreciation Tournament at the Botetourt Sports Complex in Troutville, Va.

October 4th: Richard Bland College at noon & James Madison at 2:30 p.m.
October 5th: Virginia Tech at noon & Virginia at 2:30 p.m.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Is tournament in Troutville Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. I have seen it listed as both.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Is tournament in Troutville Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. I have seen it listed as both.
Saturday & Sunday
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone know how LU did Saturday and Sunday ? I went up and watched 3 innings of first game. It was too cold thus I left after 3 innings to head to LU for football game.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
According to @libertysb :

W 8-0 over RBC
L 8-0 to JMU
L 10-1 to VTECH
W 19-1 over Roanoke College
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This is a young squad...talented but young. we may take some lumps but I think we can do well in the next couple seasons as we build the program up
Last edited by BJWilliams on October 6th, 2014, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It's only fall, but I don't like the JMU and VT scores. Who pitched in those 2 games ?
JMU has a very good team. They went undefeated and beat RU even worse.

Keep in mind, the team lost all 3 pitchers that pitched all of last season. The returning veteran pitchers are just returning from injuries, they will continue to get stronger and be much improved by the spring. The freshman pitchers have work to do to pitch at this level. If the veterans can get back to form, LU should have a better season than last year.

Not to look to far ahead... but, next season, the incoming 2015 grad pitchers are going to make an immediate impact on the team.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good post Cent Fla. This team is loaded with potential, and more good recruits are on the way. I predict that by 2017, we will be hosting an NCAA Regional .
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:What happened to AJB? I know the other two graduated
I believe AJB decided to return to a smaller college closer to home. Having an ERA >5.x over 2 seasons will eventually take a toll on a pitcher's desire and confidence.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Yeah thatll do it. Probably wasnt quite feeling the whole rebuilding vibe and having to take more lumps potentially this spring with the youth on the roster
G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If the new players picks up on the pack line def[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]